Dont Ignore The Small Fish | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont Ignore The Small Fish

londonphin

Rookie
Reaction score
ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY

Looking ahead to the regular season it seems easy for the phins to get fired up for games against teams such as the Titans, Bills, Patriots, Dirty sticking Jets ECT...but what about the smaller teams as this does not always seem to be the case. One of the teams i fill comes under this banner is the Jaguars. Looking at there roster and with there new head coach i fill they wont be as soft a touch as people think. Just a quick look through there team tells me that we will need to be ready.

D-LINE....Henderson and Stroud seem to fill a big whole up the middle and give a decent pass rush i.e Eagles game last season. And with the addition of Hugh Douglas opposite Tony Brackens, it could be one of the lines we face.

LB's....Head coach is a former LB and seems to like speed mixed with aggression. They added Mike peterson and Keith Mitchell to the mix.

Secondary....Not there strongest point but drafted Rasheen Mathis to help this.

QB,s....Very capable-Mark Brunell
Possible star-Byron Leftwich

HB....Fred Taylor rushed over 1300 yards and would of been mentioned more but ricky was too good and preist wasnt that bad either. They also drafted Labrandon Toefield to back up Taylor.

WR....Jimmy Smith the only standout WR but is getting old now. They signed JJ Stokes and Donald Hayes to try and help.

O-Line....Over the last couple of years the have lost some good lineman like such as Tony Boselli but they now seem to be getting some good talent on the line. Such as Mike Pearson, Maurice Williams, Chris Naolae, Brad Meester and resently drafted Vincent Manuwai.

Would like to know your opions on who we should not underestimate.
Thanks for some great post(s) through the off season. Keep em Coming.

Their O-line has every Jags fan I know cringing. JJ Stokes is a turd. Fragile Fred will get busted up before we play them and they let Stacey Mack go. As long as we beat them by at least 55 points I'll be happy. I still have nightmares about 62-7.

Yeah...we need to get payback for that. 38-0 sounds reasonably fair to me...

houston.. week one.. you all think it is gonna be a gimme on the way to your undefeated season.

They won't take them lightly. It's an in-state rivalry. And there are still enough relevant guys on the team (Zach, JT, Sam, Pat, Timbo, Brock, Konrad, Dixon, Ruddy) to remember the sting. Ricky will run hard because, if NOTHING else, his contract is very incentive driven. Junior will play hard because he's Junior and he's got a chip on his shoulder this year.

Houston....in our house....in September?? :lol:

ANYBODY...in our house....in September?? :lol:

Baltimore will be a tough game where defenses rules, could be a tough game if we lose the turnover battle I'd agree with that one.

I hope we kill the Jaxs like 1000-3 or something like that. Bastards!!!!!!!!

keep laughing about houston...

if you guys lose to them in week one.. oh my... the fall out would be histerical.

in the nfl there is not one gimme game you have to take each game with the utmost sincerity and that includes houston. should we beat them yes but you cant take em lightly or you will come away with a loss.

Originally posted by Tatonka

if you guys lose to them in week one.. oh my... the fall out would be histerical.

I'll keep laughing, cuz it ain't gonna happen.

Hope you guys don't lose to Cinci.

Originally posted by Tatonka

The 'Phins can only aspire to the example the mighty Bills set last year when they rallied for two touchdowns in the fourth quarter to squeak by a FIRST YEAR EXPANSION team in the Houston Texans. When you Buffalonians run your garbage about shoulda, coulda ,woulda won more games last year, that's one you shoulda, coulda, woulda lost. Your "pass rush" got to Carr five times in that game last year, I'll be shocked if JT doesn't get that many himself.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20021013_BUF@HOU

Back
Top Bottom