Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but.....

Dolfanmatty

Starter
Reaction score
Matt Turk's punt on Sunday night was one of the best I have ever seen. I had a great view of it from my seats and when the snap was bad my heart stopped for a moment...

Not only did he handle the snap, he CREAMED that thing!!!

Who was that Royals guy again?

GO MATT!!!!!

:thewave:

you're right, i almost dropped my beer when i saw that low snap (and that would have been ugly)

turk is looking good, even after coming back from jetnation he still has what it takes

i don't know what the coaches were thinking trying to get by a season with royals...

Royal Reek

SI.com's Dr. Z wrote a little blurb about that punt in his online NFL rankings this week. Said Turk was the unsung hero of the game, not just for the way he boomed it in a tight spot, but for the fumble that resulted which sealed the W. Bash Wanny all ya want, but at least he had the sense to cut that crappy Royals and find a good replacement.

J

Originally posted by dolphinsrok
i don't know what the coaches were thinking trying to get by a season with royals...

The better question is what the coaches were thinking trying to ride an ineffective Griese the entire second half of the season.

I hate to see a lousy punter..............but I can overcome this defiencency much more than a terrible QB.

This coaching staff has to go.........and tomorrow would not be too soon!

they soon realized that greise wasn't the man

also understand that feidlers number's were not good at all all year so it's not like they had a stud they could put in at qb

i think the problem is drafting
drafting has hurt this team signifigantly

moore-LB-1st round...come on
LT-lets see nails off achilles surgery, dixon who never finishes a season, wade smith a rookie, and we plan to run the ball with this line?? we need better draft evaluators, i know wanny is not the best out there, we sure could use a better coach but will that solve everything with these sorry draft picks we have been getting?

To be fair, Moore was not a first round draft pick, just our first pick of the draft, slight difference.

Turk was absolutely amazing on Sunday night and to be fair has been his entire tenure with Miami. He sucked in New York which leads me to believe that he was a spy sent from Miami sent behind enemy lines to break that team up form the inside. His master plan has been revealed this year as the Jets stink. Perhaps I have read one too many Tom Clancy novels no? :lol:

Originally posted by Samphin
To be fair, Moore was not a first round draft pick, just our first pick of the draft, slight difference.

Turk was absolutely amazing on Sunday night and to be fair has been his entire tenure with Miami. He sucked in New York which leads me to believe that he was a spy sent from Miami sent behind enemy lines to break that team up form the inside. His master plan has been revealed this year as the Jets stink. Perhaps I have read one too many Tom Clancy novels no? :lol:

you're right our first pick.

but should it have gone to a lb instead of a linemen, receiver, or even qb?
we could have always traded for a lb,
even without a spy the jets will always suck all year, then to renew season tickets they'll win a few towards the end of the season just to remind the world they suck at the end

you're right, i almost dropped my beer when i saw that low snap (and that would have been ugly)

i almost had to pull the couch cushion outta my a$$! i was shocked he kicked it as well as he did!:rolleyes:

you're right our first pick.

but should it have gone to a lb instead of a linemen, receiver, or even qb?
we could have always traded for a lb,
even without a spy the jets will always suck all year, then to renew season tickets they'll win a few towards the end of the season just to remind the world they suck at the end

shoulda double bagged it.:)

Well, it was a nice punt.. probably the best we have seen from a Dolphin punter this decade, but lets not make it out like it was a 78 yard bomb or anything, I mean, hell, Shane Lechler is Averaging punts as long as the one that Turk boomed Sunday night.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Well, it was a nice punt.. probably the best we have seen from a Dolphin punter this decade, but lets not make it out like it was a 78 yard bomb or anything, I mean, hell, Shane Lechler is Averaging punts as long as the one that Turk boomed Sunday night.
i know, but the fact that he even got it off was truly amazing, much less as far as it went!;)

Ever since he came back Turk has really been doing a solid job. I think we need to get rid of Jeff Grau he's worse than McDermott.

Turk did an outstanding job. He fielded a bad snap and he did get off a boomer when we desperately needed it. But the game saver was the Skins punt returner, DT and McKnight. If the punt was fielded cleanly the Skins had plenty of time to get a winning drive going. Everything fell right for us.

Back
Top Bottom