Don't Lose Focus | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Lose Focus

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it does not matter if Tony returns or Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden comes. The answer lies with the Miami Dolphins eternal question:

WHO IS YOUR QUARTERBACK?

HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT GETTING A QB?

CAN YOU GET THE QB YOU NEED FOR NOW AND THE FUTURE THIS OFFSEASON?

Until this is solved the HC is irrelevant IMO. Bill Cowher is not winning with Chad Henne.

At the end of the day, it does not matter if Tony returns or Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden comes. The answer lies with the Miami Dolphins eternal question:

WHO IS YOUR QUARTERBACK?

Until this is solved the HC is irrelevant IMO. Bill Cowher is not winning with Chad Henne.

I dont' think many QB's could win with this coaching staff and play calling. We need to fix that first, so we don't set yet another player up to fail.

WHO IS YOUR QUARTERBACK?

Like I have been saying, Orton and a young, creative OC (mcdaniels might make sense if he and Marshall could co-exist) is what we

I think the more useful question is who is going to be our OC. I am not convinced that we will be able to find someone better than Henne in the draft or free agency. If that's the case, which OC can we find out there who can take advantage of what Henne CAN do? We need an OC who thinks that Henne is the right type of QB for his system instead of one who believes he isn't, as we do now.

With our defense, we don't have to have a top 5 offense to be a contender.

100% true that we can not improve much without dramatically improved QB play. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear much chance we can land any of the top 3 in the draft (don't like Locker) and the options out there are nothing to cheer about. I don't see drafting a QB outside the 1st round as worth while as this franchise has so perfectly demonstrated in Beck, White and Henne. Might as well draft RB, TE or interior OL in that case. As far as FA's.....McNabb? Orton? Palmer? I can't see winning big with any of them. Looks like we are faced with picking the best of a bad situation which IMO is probably Orton. He's better than Henne, but definitely not a long term answer.

The QB options are limited- no doubt.

Would you trade a #1 to Denver for Orton and their ealry #2?

The QB options are limited- no doubt.

Would you trade a #1 to Denver for Orton and their ealry #2?

Orton now sits 3rd on the Broncos depth chart behind Tebow and Brady Quinn. Don't think it would be necessary to give up that much. He seems to have fallen out of favor. The fact that he made his feelings about being benched public probably has soured his relationship with the staff. Of course, a lot could change once a full time coach is hired there.

I dont' think many QB's could win with this coaching staff and play calling. We need to fix that first, so we don't set yet another player up to fail.

A conservative play calling requires a QB with good accuracy and consistency. A QB that maximizes opportunities. My guess is that a QB would need to be over 60% for 11 games in a season and need to throw 13 or less ints. Here are the QBs that qualify:

Aaron Rogers
Philip Rivers

Since Tom Brady and Peyton Manning do not qualify, my guess of the stats that would identify QBs capable of running the startegy must be wrong. It does illustrate my point. It takes a very good QB to succeed using this approach. Also, I expect that an excellent running game could bail you out from the requirement of having a very good QB.

Give me Kyle Orton any day. At least that guy has heart. Chad Henne doesn't even have a soul

Back
Top Bottom