Don't sleep on Ricky Elmore, LBs for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't sleep on Ricky Elmore, LBs for Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Arizona's Ricky Elmore as possible future Dolphins. Elmore has quite a resume. He is the PAC-10's sack leader the past two seasons with 21.5 sacks. He is 6-4 and 256 pounds so he has prototype 3-4 OLB size despite having played a down DE spot in college.
The Dolphins sent linebacker coach Bill Sheridan to work out Elmore for a personal workout.
One knock on Elmore is that he's a pass rusher but not great at stopping the run. That is not a certainty but the way to deal with that is ask the kid straight up. The blunt question give Elmore a chance to speak for himself and also tells me something about how he deals with frank criticism.
He passes on both counts.
"That's just one more thing to prove people wrong about," Elmore said of his run defense. "When you're in the spotlight like I was coming out as a sack guy, people try to pick at you to find something. For me, if you turn on the film, I think you'll see my performance against the run is just as good as it is against the pass. I know I can do it. It's just that people try to dissect something about my game.
"At the University of Arizona I was lucky enough to have coaching like that, that would point you out, that would get in your face. So that's going to make it easier for me to adapt to all the coaching styles because I have been coached hard. And I have coaches go the other way, so I'm able to handle it either way."
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...kind-of-nice-to-sit-back-and-relax-and-w.html

he's on my top 20 list for miami for a reason...and its not because i like him as a player...another one trick pony pass rusher stop the initial thrust and he's got no answer...just gets owned

if this guys the supplemental pass rusher answer for koa misi we're in trouble...thats all i can say

waste pick

Back
Top Bottom