Dont Trade Down, TRADE UP | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dont Trade Down, TRADE UP

KillerJosh373 said:
I think this team needs a Franchise QB. I like Feeley, he could be good. But when will be in the top 5 again? Maybe not for 10 years. I think Alex Smith could be an elite QB in the NFL. He's smart, athletic,throws wih good accuracy and I from what I saw from some clips his arm strength may be underrated. Would a 2nd. rd. pick get it done to move up to #1? I like Edwards, he defenitely wouldnt be a bad pick,but considering that we already have decent recivers I just cant resist thinking about getting aggressve and getting a true impact player that could turn this team around. Some may call me crazy, but I wouldnt be surprised if that 2nd. rd. pick acquired for Surtain might end up going to San Fran.
Horrible idea, no way!

I agree with Pocoloco i rather Draft Mcpherson in the 2nd or 3rd and use our first round on Braylon Edwards or Ronnie Brown

KillerJosh373 said:
I think this team needs a Franchise QB. I like Feeley, he could be good. But when will be in the top 5 again? Maybe not for 10 years. I think Alex Smith could be an elite QB in the NFL. He's smart, athletic,throws wih good accuracy and I from what I saw from some clips his arm strength may be underrated. Would a 2nd. rd. pick get it done to move up to #1? I like Edwards, he defenitely wouldnt be a bad pick,but considering that we already have decent recivers I just cant resist thinking about getting aggressve and getting a true impact player that could turn this team around. Some may call me crazy, but I wouldnt be surprised if that 2nd. rd. pick acquired for Surtain might end up going to San Fran.

I would love to see Alex Smith on the Dolphins, but I just can't agree with trading up. Not only do you give up picks, but you have to pay first pick money. The reason that qbs are drafted first (and not rb's) is that the money that is necessary for the top picks is qb money and not rb money.

Besides, I think there is still a pretty good chance that Alex Smith may be there at #2. I still have to think that the 9ers are going for Rodgers and that the sudden interest in Alex Smith by them is a ploy to get teams to trade up to get him. Think about it. San Fran could probably still get Rodgers in the lower top ten, pay him alot less money and get several more picks. Nolan is fishing and I don't think anyone is going to bite (esp. not the Dolphins) The only team that I think may consider this is possibly Tampa Bay and maybe even Washington. I think Washington has something in mind, but I am not sure what it is. But I think this would be a terrible move on the part of the Dolphins.

PS - I am not a Dolphins fan, but a Smith fan based on my geographical location.

dolphingator said:
You people just don't understand the value of a Franchise QB. Smith is our future and it is hanging by a thread. The future is NOT with the vick/slash clones in the NFL, it will belong to the Peyton Mannings. As always.

Smith is the BEST prospect this year, and the best other than Leinart (who we won't get) next year.

If we miss out on Smith, we will not have a QB until Saban's THIRD year. Then maybe the team improves... want to wait that long?

I have been saying trade up also. Do what it takes. There will be a draft next year and it WILL HAVE RB, WR, OL, DL. Get those guys then, It WILL NOT HAVE QB's.

Unless you guys want next year for us to trade our whole draft for Leinart, one hour from now is our LAST chance at QB until 2007.

Yea, I dont know why most Dolphins fans are so afraid of getting a good QB. These people just want to stay at #2 and give the bank to a 24 year old running back who couldnt even lead his college team in carries. And they say I sound like Wannstedt? I for 1 am hoping that San Fran can get a trade done with the Vikings, so theyll take Edwards at 1 and we can get Mr. Alex Smith at #2.

Back
Top Bottom