Donte Whitner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Donte Whitner?

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just saw in Kipers most recent mock he has us taking Whitner in the first. Saftey from Ohio St. I don't know anything about the guy but why all of a sudden is he being talked about mid first round?

He's always been a late 1 at worst. Super player. Can play corner, SS or FS. Hits like a train, really strong playmaker, fast. Good, good player.

Boomer said:
He's always been a late 1 at worst. Super player. Can play corner, SS or FS. Hits like a train, really strong playmaker, fast. Good, good player.

Thank you.

Do you think he is actually on Saban's radar?

My pleasure.

Without question. I think he's also high on the Patriots radar as well.

PhinsPhan said:
Thank you.

Do you think he is actually on Saban's radar?

NO, He is undersized and he isn't interesting to Saban's system, but, He is late first round... he's a smart and a strong player. San Diego is a possibilty.

I've been wanting us to draft Donte Whitner since the beggining of the offseason. This guy can knock your *** out. No receiver would want to try to challenge him head to head.

He kind of reminds me of Sammy Knight & Troy Palomalu. One of those safeties receivers would hate to run by.

firestorm said:
NO, He is undersized and he isn't interesting to Saban's system, but, He is late first round... he's a smart and a strong player. San Diego is a possibilty.

I think too many have this misconception of what kind of players Saban likes. Whitner is about the same size, as Renaldo Hill.

firestorm said:

How is he undersized? He's 5010 and 205lbs. And not interesting to Saban's system? What does THAT mean?

He runs a 4.44 forty, a forty inch vertical, has great instincts, hits like a train and can play corner, free safety or strong safety, as well as being a great leader in the deep patrol. Of course he's on Saban's radar. Nonsensical to claim otherwise.

5'11" and 205 is a decent size for a S and pretty big as a CB.

a 40" verticle at that hieght :eek:

I'd take Whitner on this team anyday!

Also of note, Whitner is 20 years old right now. He is an electric player who jumps out at you almost as much as A.J. Hawk when you pop in a tape of the Buckey's defense.

Rather have Jason Allen or Jimmy Williams playing in our secondary.

I like Jason Williams and Jason Allen over Donte Whitner, and from my point of view, they are better additions than DW...

Back
Top Bottom