Double Eagle/under fronts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Double Eagle/under fronts

dudebro420mang

Active Roster
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we play any double eagle of under fronts or is it all wide 9 and over?

The use of Eagle fronts is based off 3-4 personnel. So no, we don't use it.

We have used the Under with Misi and have shown it with Timmons but use is minimal vs 12 and 21 personnel.

The use of Eagle is based off 3-4 personnel. So no, we don't use it.

We have used the Under with Misi and have shown it with Timmons but use is minimal vs 12 and 21 personnel.
you can get in it with our personel. im a hc and dc (it is at the high school level) but you can shift to it. but you are right it is usually out of 3-4 personnel

you can get in it with our personel. im a hc and dc (it is at the high school level) but you can shift to it. but you are right it is usually out of 3-4 personnel

It requires two LBs not only on the LOS but with pass rush and drop spot skills from that area as well. All of our LBs are off the ball backers.

We could do it out of nickel with a double 2 tech alignment by the DTs, but not out of our base 4-3.

The use of Eagle fronts is based off 3-4 personnel. So no, we don't use it.

So do we use the under much in short yardage or do we just use over and I'm guessing a 5-3-3 defense but I might be confusing it with Coyle defense, because I know 5-3-3 was the short yardage defense when we had Grimes.

So do we use the under much in short yardage or do we just use over and I'm guessing a 5-3-3 defense but I might be confusing it with Coyle defense, because I know 5-3-3 was the short yardage defense when we had Grimes.

Depending on field position we use a 5-3. It's almost exclusive to redzone short yardage.

Depending on field position we use a 5-3. It's almost exclusive to redzone short yardage.

So we only use the 3 safety version? I remember when we had grimes we had 2 versions of it. One with grimes on the receiver for 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and another version where the 3rd safety came in and if we needed someone to cover an outside receiver Jones would do it.

So we only use the 3 safety version? I remember when we had grimes we had 2 versions of it. One with grimes on the receiver for 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and another version where the 3rd safety came in and if we needed someone to cover an outside receiver Jones would do it.

That assumption was not my intention. Sorry about that. 5-3 simply implies 3 DBs and it's not position specific. We used variations as you stated.

So, do you see the under front as better than what we run, or completely irrelevant seeing as 5 dbs is base now?

So, do you see the under front as better than what we run, or completely irrelevant seeing as 5 dbs is base now?

Our Under front is just to put a 5th man on the LOS. It's not nearly as effective as most Under fronts with 3-4 personnel b/c we don't 2 gap at least one DT to create a free run defender in the back 7.

Like the majority of defenses now the 4-2 is our main package, but a teams base is still important b/c it usually represents the emphasis they put on the LB unit. Our scheme puts importance on the DL over the LBs which is evident of our poor play in the MOF.

Back
Top Bottom