Downtown Ronnie Brown Naysayers. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Downtown Ronnie Brown Naysayers.

SkapePhin said:
I have seen a couple people say he doesnt have the vision, is stiff, was a backup.. Well, Saban knows Ronnie Brown inside out.. He has played against him, probably tried to recruit him, and so forth.

If you believe Saban has a clue, he has done more than enough homework on Brown. He downplayed the value of RB so that noone would suspect his intentions and to try to get a good trade down partner, he didnt get that offer, so he took the BPA. Brown was the BPA.. He will fit Linehan's offense nicely since Scott works the RBs into the passing game, and it is said Brown has the best hands of the draft. Ronnie Brown will be a top 10 back in the league in a couple years.. No worries.

Well said:wink:

Shux...our backfield of ronnie brown and ricky williams would be sick!!Hey even with Gordon could be real special....

MikeO said:
Not a lot of wear and tear on those legs plus he can do the small things like pass block and catch passes very well.

Age isn't an issue, wear and tear is. ANd their isn't any on Ronnie

I would counter that by saying he has never touched the ball 200 times in a year (rushing and receiving) and would need to double his workload, and could fade away as the season goes on.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

pigskinguy said:
My biggest worry is that he is already 24, isn't he?
Plus we BADLY needed extra picks..........Saban should of pulled the trigger on something.

You say "should of" as if he had 3 or 4 offers.
If there were no bullets in the gun, how could he have "pulled the trigger"? :huh:

I'm a Ronnie Brown doubter, at least in terms of reaching pro greatness, and haven't been proven wrong about anything. I don't do mock drafts because predicting opinions is a farce, IMO. There is a severe difference between correctly projecting where a player will go and forecasting how good he'll be. I'm now a huge Ronnie Brown supporter, but when he fails to elude defenders that Caddy would have laughed at I'll remember this day and wonder what the heck Saban was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom