Dr. Z thinks HOF possible for some current fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dr. Z thinks HOF possible for some current fins

Seau is a definite lock and IF Taylor keeps up his pace for another 2-3 years he will get in but that's it. Zach Thomas will NOT be a HOFer.

Seau's a lock, but he's obviously going in for his exploits as a Charger, not a Dolphin.
I think Zach is a good bet for the Hall; he's been one of the top 2 or 3 MLBs of the last decade, and consistently so. Another year or two at a high level should be enough.
Taylor needs to put up gaudy sack numbers for another 3 years, I think. But he should be able to do that.
Madison - no. On the downside of a good, but not great career. If you think about it, that's a nice parallel to Zimmerman's writing career. Really good for awhile, but he's not so great now.
Surtain - wait and see. If he's still making Pro Bowls in 5-6 years, then he's probably in.
Boston - God only knows. His career could go in any direction right now. He could re-emerge as a superstar this year, or he could quit and join the world bodybuilding circuit. I have no idea whatsoever what will happen with him.

Based of of my assumption of how they will maintain their level of play for at least 2-3 more years.................On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being a lock), here's what I think:

Seau: 10 (obviously already a lock - could retire now and still be in)
Taylor: 8.5
Thomas: 8.0
Surtain: 6.5
Madison: 4.0
Boston: too young to even discuss
Bowens: 3.0
Fiedler: 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

I think Zach's numbers thus far are quite comparable to those of 3 other HOF-locks.

Derrick Brooks - 144 games, 1138 total tackles, 7.90 per game average, 7.5 sacks, 19 INTs, 5 TDs (7 Pro Bowls) (1 Super Bowl)

Junior Seau - 215 games, 1473 total tackles, 6.9 per game average, 50 sacks, 15 INTs, 1 TD (11 Pro Bowls)

Ray Lewis - 113 games, 1094 total tackles, 9.7 per game average, 21 sacks, 20 INTs, 1 TD (4 Pro Bowls) (1 Super Bowl - MVP)

Zach Thomas - 120 games, 1109 total tackles, 9.2 per game average, 11.5 sacks, 15 INTs, 4 TDs (4 Pro Bowls)

If Zach can maintain his current level of play for 3 more years, I'd say he gets inducted. I wouldn't expect him to be a first balot selection, but he'd diffenitely get in eventually.

Zach's numbers are up there with lewis. he just dosen't have that it. what ever it is. sorry didn't no this was already posted:shakeno: :( :shakeno: :(

if olindo mare goes back to 90% field goal kicking for the rest of his career like he started it, would he get in there?
he already the second most accurate kicker or something

especially if he finds a way to kick a game winning fg in the superbowl for us :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom