Dr. Z's mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dr. Z's mock draft

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
Sorry, not our far cooler Steve Sykes, but the Sports Illustrated guy. ;)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/dr_z/04/22/zim.mockdraft/index.html

Short version: Zimmerman has Clayton going to the Phins, and has us passing up my boy Shawn Andrews. :eek:

He claims inside info from the team that they're leaning towards Clayton. Most writers, I'd discount that out of hand, but Zimmerman is one of the good guys, in my book.

Thanks ZOD!

My U of Arkansas hat will most assuredly go flying across the room if this transpires. If Andrews is gone, I wouldn't mind Clayton, but geez, if Big Shawn is there, we can't pass on him.

For once I do agree with Dr. Z :eek: I'd love to pick up Clayton...
Andrews might be too risky a pick...
The only surprise is see is TB picking Lee Evans with the 15th pick...
Also I don't think the Bengals get Chris Perry..I see Marvin Lewis picking up Gamble if he's still there...

Guys, as much as I want big Shawn too, trust me, Michael Clayton will not dissapoint. I go to LSU, and this guy is EVERYTHING you want in a football player. He might just be the hardest worker in this whole draft. He's got all the physical skills too. Screw that 40 time. They said Anquan Boldin was too slow last year too. Besides, he still ran a 4.55. I want Andrews, and at some point an olinemen who can come in and contribute, but I would LOVE for Clayton to be a Fin.

I was just looking at another mock draft and realized that if Andrews is at 20 and we pass on him He'll likely be drafted by the Patriots on the next pick at 21.

Most of you guys seem dead set against getting a WR but what do we do if Chambers or Boston go down? Wouldn't it be nice if there was someone to step right in and play at a high level. Guys like Clayton and Evans and Jenkins know how to get separation, have reliable hands and run great routes. Those are the kind of WRs that can contribute right away. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Andrews but if he's not there I'd rather draft a potential Pro Bowl receiver than reach for a raw OL with questions.

Most would take Clayton over Woods...but I wouldn't take him over Andrews. Based purely on the kind of players they can become, I might take Clayton however its not that simple. You have to factor in need and other stuff. They are similar enough in talent, that we can pay attention to need...plus you have to pay attention to what drafting a WR over a RT in the first round would say to certain guys on the team namely Boston and Chambers. Wanny already publicly stated that how Boston participates in the offseason program will play a part in our draft strategy, and by all reports he's putting in an aweful lot of effort, and is happy with his life right now. Draft a first round WR over our glaring need at RT and you throw a monkey wrench right into that whole thing.

In the end, I like both Chambers' and Boston's chances of becoming, or regaining Pro Bowl forms, over Clayton's ability to do so within his first 4 years (aka while he's still under cheap rookie contract).

DolphinDevil28 said:
You're crazy. I'd take Clayton over Woods any day.

Why Am i CrazY???

Michael Clayton (LSU)
Vital statistics: 6-feet-2 ¾ , 209 pounds, 4.54 in the 40, and 32 ½-inch vertical jump

Rashaun Woods (Oklahoma State)
Vital statistics: 6-feet-2 1/8, 202 pounds, 4.51 in the 40, and 39-inch vertical jump

They are almost the same cept woods has more hops... I just like woods more...

Back
Top Bottom