Dr. Z's mock draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dr. Z's mock draft

clayton, chambers, and boston? anybody could throw to them! i'm still in the trade down and take grove camp, but there are a number of selections that i'd be happy with (andrews, evans, clayton, carey, smiley, grove, wilfork, starks, tubbs, ware, etc.), rick will have to work mighty hard to screw this one up

Wasn't Clayton the guy who juked that CB in the Senior Bowl and I think ran in for a TD?

BTW, Andrews, Smiley, or drop and get Snee would be my wish.

Maybe Memories, I say "you're crazy" to anyone who disagrees with me. It's just an expression. Nothing personal.

The thing with Clayton/Woods, it ain't about size or speed or stats. It's about playing football, and I think most would agree that Clayton is a better overall player than Woods. He is such a hard worker and will do whatever the coaches tell him to.

Bottle Nose said:
Wasn't Clayton the guy who juked that CB in the Senior Bowl and I think ran in for a TD?

BTW, Andrews, Smiley, or drop and get Snee would be my wish.

That was Devery Henderson. Clayton is a Junior so he couldn't play in the Senior Bowl.

Dolfan954 did you see the chat session with Grove where he said he would love to block for Ricky. Also that he played both G and C until his JR year where he played primarily at C. This is a guy we can move down and get and fits into what we are trying to do. He can play multiple positions as well as be the long snapper.

GreenFin said:
Most of you guys seem dead set against getting a WR but what do we do if Chambers or Boston go down? Wouldn't it be nice if there was someone to step right in and play at a high level......

Ok great...

So what happens if our proven starting RT goes down.....
Oh that's right, our OL is so shallow we don't even have a good guy slotted at RT to have go down!

WR with our number 1 pick is a HUGE mistake if we pass on Andrews and even if Andrews isn't there we should trade down to get an OL later and maybe then a WR. WR is deep enough, OL is a potential disaster just like last year. If Andrews is there draft him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry ... assuming they're roughly equal at their positions, I would prefer a player who'll play every offensive down as opposed to once every three or four downs. Maybe I'm over simplifying.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Maybe Memories, I say "you're crazy" to anyone who disagrees with me. It's just an expression. Nothing personal.

The thing with Clayton/Woods, it ain't about size or speed or stats. It's about playing football, and I think most would agree that Clayton is a better overall player than Woods. He is such a hard worker and will do whatever the coaches tell him to.

If the numbers meant everything, Alexander Wright would have been the greatest receiver in NFL history. The guy was 6 feet, 195 pounds (not great size, but not a shrimp, either), and ran the 40 in under 4.2. He was actually a world-class sprinter, if I recall.

Anyway, the point is that you can't go strictly by the numbers, DD28 is absolutely right. There's more to it.

I agree that Clayton will ultimately make the fans of any team that drafts him very happy. One thing to keep in mind as well; when was the last time the Dolphins had more than one decent receiver? It seems that having a really good receiving corps for this team has been problematic since the days of Moore, Duper and Clayton. As much as I'd love to see a dominant O lineman come in, I'd be very happy to see us finally have the personnel in the passing game that will keep the opposing defense honest. Further, the selection of Clayton would be a very solid pick at number 20. The last thing Speilman wants to do in this draft is 'reach'. With Andrews' weight problems, he has more downside risk than Clayton; and Smiley, Grove and Snee probably don't grade out to be a #20 overall pick.

All in all, I for one will feel very content if Michael Clayton is our man. Also, take note: The guy LOVES to block! Run Ricky Run!!!

ckparrothead said:
Most would take Clayton over Woods...but I wouldn't take him over Andrews. Based purely on the kind of players they can become, I might take Clayton however its not that simple. You have to factor in need and other stuff. They are similar enough in talent, that we can pay attention to need...plus you have to pay attention to what drafting a WR over a RT in the first round would say to certain guys on the team namely Boston and Chambers. Wanny already publicly stated that how Boston participates in the offseason program will play a part in our draft strategy, and by all reports he's putting in an aweful lot of effort, and is happy with his life right now. Draft a first round WR over our glaring need at RT and you throw a monkey wrench right into that whole thing.

:up:

Agree 150% ck !!

Marino1983

I like Clayton too but I think Evans would help us more as we could use his speed in the slot. Clayton is not the type that will take a 5 yard pass and take it to the house the way Evans will imo. So Clayton's fine but I'd hope for Evans more. And if they're sayoing that the FO wants Clayton then it must mean that they actually want someone else.

Ozzy rules!!

I think its pretty simple that if Andrews is there we have to take him.

Back
Top Bottom