Draft a QB in the first round now! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft a QB in the first round now!

Charlie Brown

down like a clown Charlie Brown
Reaction score
I like Henne and I think hes definitely the best QB we have. that being said, Im not sure if the front office is satisfied with Hennes production. I cant say that im satisfied with his production either. If the front office doesnt believe that Henne is a long term answer then they need to draft another young QB now! I dont wont Sparano to be like John Gruden and keep recycling average QB's.

If Sparano wants to stay in Miami then he and Ireland need to draft another young QB now. Otherwise we will never make a serious push for the playoffs. Yes Gruden won a championship with an average QB but that defence was legendary, plus tony dungy was the one who built most of that team

The Chargers did the same thing with Drew Bress and Philip Rivers. Brees drafted in the 2nd round wasnt performing liked they hoped so they drafted Rivers in the 1st round. If Henne does some how make dramatic strides like Brees did then we could have two good young QB's and worst case senario we trade one for a high draft pick.

I just think that if the front office have any doubt about their QB situation then they need to address it now. Otherwise Sparano will be gone in a few years and a new front office will come in and essentially will draft a young QB. So why not do it now.

Most will probably say well there wont be QB available in the first, maybe Mallett will be there. Its still kinda early to say. if not, there is a chance to trade up for a QB and I think Andrew Luck would be worth it in the long run.

I just dont see many other options, maybe trade for Kevin Kolb. The Bengals might give up on Palmer. maybe matt Hasselbeck or Alex smith.

It sure looks like the organization has given up on Henne. If that's the case, then the front office needs to "go fishing" again and hope to land a franchise signal caller somewhere in the draft. It will be a challenge, though, as the Dolphins won't be bad enough to pick in the top 10, Luck might not declare, and trading up isn't that realistic with so many quarterback hungry teams picking ahead of us. Both Buffalo and Carolina need franchise quarterbacks and they could be drafting 1-2. San Francisco needs a franchise quarterback, same with Jacksonville and Minnesota. Not disagreeing just saying maybe we should explore other avenues such as free agency and maybe get lucky with a 2nd/3rd round quarterback.

yeah but im not sure if Carolina is goina take a QB in the first round. They just drafted Jimmy Clausen last year, and theres no way they give up on him this fast. Even if another coaching staff comes in

yeah but im not sure if Carolina is goina take a QB in the first round. They just drafted Jimmy Clausen last year, and theres no way they give up on him this fast. Even if another coaching staff comes in
That could be true and, if so, Carolina could be a possible trading partner. And a lot of teams will be willing to move up to draft Luck if he declares. Check out some highlights on Stanzi from Iowa (youtube has some). He reminds me a little bit of Drew Brees and could be the type that outperforms a lot of players picked before him. Let me know your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom