Draft AJ Nicholson in 3rd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft AJ Nicholson in 3rd

Jo-E

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am a student at FSU and watched both Ernie Sims and AJ Nicholson and I truely believe AJ is a better football player. This year AJ clearly outplayed Sims. Ernie has more pure talent but makes stupid mistakes. Sure he makes big hits and whatnot but most people don't see that he always goes for the big play instead of the smart ones.

This past season me and some friends went on a road trip to watch FSU take on UVA at UVA... if u can remember their QB was killing us, well on their last drive it was like 3rd and 15 and we were down by maybe 6. Ernie gets fustrated and finally gets a look at the qb and clearly nails him after the throw, way after.... of coarse it cost us a first down and we lost

AJ is also very talented and smart

Height: 6-0 3/4 | Weight: 252 | 40-Time: 4.87
clear.gif

Official Bio

clear.gif
Strengths:
Athletic with good quickness and a burst...Playmaker with great instincts who is always around the action...Has a solid build and good strength...Mobile and has great range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Works his way through traffic and sheds blockers well...Does a nice job in coverage...Reliable tackler with a good motor...Can rush the passer a little...A leader who his teammates look up to.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great size...Pure speed is only average...Ran into trouble off the field with two arrests for charges related to alcohol...Tore his MCL in 2003...Not very stout at the point of attack...Might need to be in the right scheme where he is protected by big defensive tackles...Will struggle against mammoth blockers.

Notes:
Father Darrell was drafted by the New York Giants in 1982...Younger brother Derek is a top young linebacker for the 'Noles...Final grade will likely be affected by character concerns...May not have all the measurables you look for but on the field he simply gets the job done...Ideal role would be as a weakside linebacker.

The alcohol you may be able to get past. The alleged rape is what prevents him from going first day.

Jaj said:
The alcohol you may be able to get past. The alleged rape is what prevents him from going first day.

rd 4 is a steal. id do it in a heart beat even rd 3 possibly. once ZT leaves and CC is comfortable at MLB he can move their have arrington HOPEFULLY at LOLB his original spot or ROLB and have AJ in hte other spot. sounds nice.

wow, as a FSU fan, i totally disagree. Sims didnt have a great year, but he outplayed AJ. to me, AJ is really overrated. He overruns plays, and misses tackles WAY to much. He doesnt take on blockers as well as Sims. Sims doesnt miss tackles, he does overrun plays, but he clearly out played AJ this year.

Jo-E said:
I am a student at FSU and watched both Ernie Sims and AJ Nicholson and I truely believe AJ is a better football player. This year AJ clearly outplayed Sims. Ernie has more pure talent but makes stupid mistakes. Sure he makes big hits and whatnot but most people don't see that he always goes for the big play instead of the smart ones.

This past season me and some friends went on a road trip to watch FSU take on UVA at UVA... if u can remember their QB was killing us, well on their last drive it was like 3rd and 15 and we were down by maybe 6. Ernie gets fustrated and finally gets a look at the qb and clearly nails him after the throw, way after.... of coarse it cost us a first down and we lost

AJ is also very talented and smart

Height: 6-0 3/4 | Weight: 252 | 40-Time: 4.87 http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpics/olb/ajnicholson.jpg
Official Bio

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/stars/three.gif Strengths:
Athletic with good quickness and a burst...Playmaker with great instincts who is always around the action...Has a solid build and good strength...Mobile and has great range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Works his way through traffic and sheds blockers well...Does a nice job in coverage...Reliable tackler with a good motor...Can rush the passer a little...A leader who his teammates look up to.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great size...Pure speed is only average...Ran into trouble off the field with two arrests for charges related to alcohol...Tore his MCL in 2003...Not very stout at the point of attack...Might need to be in the right scheme where he is protected by big defensive tackles...Will struggle against mammoth blockers.

Notes:
Father Darrell was drafted by the New York Giants in 1982...Younger brother Derek is a top young linebacker for the 'Noles...Final grade will likely be affected by character concerns...May not have all the measurables you look for but on the field he simply gets the job done...Ideal role would be as a weakside linebacker.

Parys Haralson Stanley Mcclover Pierre Woods etc are better and no off the field problems.

Freddie Roach is a big hard hitting LB with instincts. Not great speed but plays much faster on the field than his time would suggest. I would like to get him. Would be a great special teamer and has potential to start one day.

t2thejz said:
Freddie Roach is a big hard hitting LB with instincts. Not great speed but plays much faster on the field than his time would suggest. I would like to get him. Would be a great special teamer and has potential to start one day.

Yeah, Freddie Roach is a beast!!, but he doesn´t have speed... however Roach can be, inmediately, an impact player (he's underrated)

Back
Top Bottom