Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day 2: Players Miami Dolphins are targeting in the second and third rounds Rea

Probably the stupidest thing Miami could do before the 5th round is draft a receiver, especially what has been spent on receivers the last few years (2nd on Landry, 1st on Parker, $7M a year for Stills, trading picks to move up for Carroo).

Everyone seems to be hoping for a guard or Zach Cunningham... I really want Marcus Williams, Josh Jones, Melifonwu or Baker.

If they are looking at Kupp, then I would have to think someone is on the trade block. Are they frustrated with Parker. He's young, cheap and has shown flashes so he has trade value. They would never recoup a top 15 pick, so maybe they see this as cutting their losses. Carroo IMO wouldn't have much trade value, seeing as he hasn't done much. Possibly a 4th or 5th solely on potential
Pure conjecture on my part as I have no idea what the coaching staff thinks of either of them.

I'm OK with drafting a WR in round three, but here's the thing: He'd better be starting and productive right away.

I think they're about ready to give up on Parker.

Perhaps this is a Lamp-esqe smokescreen to divert from their real target. Wouldn't mind them taking Jake Butt with that pick, as opposed to a receiver that will never see the field. Naturally, defense is a priority. However, if the draft falls a certain way, its nice to have a backup plan.

I don't buy that they are giving up on Parker. That would be insane at this point. Gase has preached consistency with the WR corps and even went on record saying these three will be together through 2020. No way they are giving up on Parker for a 3rd round unproven WR.

smokescreen :finnasty:

they are locked in on Kupp in round 3 like they were locked in on Lamp in round 1

I've seen Kupp play. He's very good. But I still wouldn't take him before some of our greater needs. If we end up with extra picks late, maybe. Not our only 2nd and 3rd. Actually, I hope they trade back and pick up a 4th or some extra picks. It's a deep draft. Lots of good players will fall.

I've seen Kupp play. He's very good. But I still wouldn't take him before some of our greater needs. If we end up with extra picks late, maybe. Not our only 2nd and 3rd. Actually, I hope they trade back and pick up a 4th or some extra picks. It's a deep draft. Lots of good players will fall.

The upside? The fans will scream KUUUUUUUUUP when he makes a big play. :idk: :chuckle:

I highly doubt Kuup is even in consideration. Smokescreen

Speaking on behalf of Ryan Tannehill's urologist: "For heavens sake you morons, as the first order of business, draft a 2nd tier OG before there's a run on them!"

I really hope we don't draft another WR that early, but if we did, I would rather it be someone like ARDARIUS Stewart. He is a beast! A combination of Landry's fire and toughness with speed of Stills.

Back
Top Bottom