Draft Day Blues | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Blues

I liked the players we drated but like I said before, I'll know(we all will)how good or bad we did in about 3 years from now.

Ozzy rules!!

Just a point - we didn't get ducked out by anyone - all the Boston press, the Minnesota press as well as Miami and Carey himself all said that the Pats were moving up for Carey. The line that we got duped is pure message board fantasy.

clajoie_7 said:
Get a grip smart guy I followed this draft very closely ever since the season ended. How do you justify some of the players we got? Just because a couple of articles have some nice things to say doesn't necessarily mean that they will be solid players. Talk about Bua being our new OLB instead of saftey at 212lbs? We did pick up role playing back-ups who will need to climb large hills to become starters or adequate at the next level. As for the line help do your own homework, most OL who are said to lack athletic ability usually cannot move their feet and are slow off the block. How successful do you expect them to be? I'm not ripping the whole draft I just liked some of the other moves teams made to create depth at positions through the draft not taking duct tape in the off season and patching up positions then grabbing people in the draft who are more or less projects than impact players. Or maybe this is just waaaayyy over my head and I need guys like you to explain it to me!

Justify some of the players? I think if you read Rick's press release, he justified picking them all.
Regarding the linemen...I expect them to at least make the team.
You want a truckload of impact players...sure things ehh? Who is to say we didn't get one?
You are telling me I should believe in you and your couch potato research which began when the season ended...or should I be more impressed with Rick and his FO that actually got on planes and evaluated hundreds of potential players.

Every player that is picked is a project! Nobody knows for sure. However, when you get up off the couch and thoroughly evaluate these guys on film and in interviews, I just think they have a better grasp of who they picked than you do.

Superself said:
Justify some of the players? I think if you read Rick's press release, he justified picking them all.
Regarding the linemen...I expect them to at least make the team.
You want a truckload of impact players...sure things ehh? Who is to say we didn't get one?
You are telling me I should believe in you and your couch potato research which began when the season ended...or should I be more impressed with Rick and his FO that actually got on planes and evaluated hundreds of potential players.

Every player that is picked is a project! Nobody knows for sure. However, when you get up off the couch and thoroughly evaluate these guys on film and in interviews, I just think they have a better grasp of who they picked than you do.

Ah no more war of words from me. You know as much as I do even with the belief that the draft went over my head I just think there was a bit more that could have been done on draft day. We will see in a couple of years when there is zero depth at key positions, but hopefully we'll be able to rely on a third string qb to lead us to the promised land. Keep the dream alive...

Back
Top Bottom