Draft Day Party | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Party

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Greetings fellow FinHeaven Members. We are quickly coming up on my favorite event of the year - the Miami Dolphins Draft Day Party. I have been going every year for about 4 years now and I highly recommend it.

Each year it has been at a different place...last year it was at Aventura Mall. If you're in the area and get a chance to come on Saturday the 24th, you'll totally enjoy yourself. Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich and Howard David are there commenting on the first round picks, lots of freebies, memorabilia, tons of gorgeous cheerleaders, and many players to sign autographs. Last year, I got autographs from Fiedler, Konrad, Mare, Chambers, Rosenfels, McMichael, and Wooden. I think there was about 12 or so players there that day. It was easy to get autographs and speak with the players. Mandich is also very personable.

I believe the party is at Pro Player this year and it usually kicks off at noon (the beginning of the draft). Of course there are many draftniks there as well with plenty of large TV screens to watch the draft.

If anyone knows for sure where the party is held, I'd appreciate it if you posted it here. Hopefully, I'll see many FinHeaveners there for the kickoff of the 2004 season on the 24th.

I couldn't be away from my house during the draft.

I need:

1. a computer

2. food

3. a bathroom

4. beer

5. quiet

I hear you, but there's nothing quite like the energy when the Dolphins make their pick. I remember the mass "mob lynching" that ocurred after the Dolphins took Fletcher a few years ago. It was actually therapeutic to share the disappointment with other Dolfans. The amazing thing is that we we are all right. All of us wanted Chambers also, and luckily that happened.

This year, I think we're all going to be cheering. Spielman is doing a lot better job than Wanny did. He's done such a great job with Free Agency, we can hardly go wrong on Draft Day.

I'll have a problem this year cos I moved into my new house and my TV is in the family room but my PC is in the living room so I'll have to be runing from one place to the other all damn day. BTW,is the chatroom gonna be open that day?

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom