Draft Day Trade Ideas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Trade Ideas

JEDIJ007

It's a trap!
Club Member
Reaction score
so if houston calls and offers 1st(23 pick), 2nd(55 pick) & 3rd(86 pick) for miami’s 1st(13 pick) & 3rd(78 pick) would you do it? i think it would be possible as they have 2 2nd rd picks back to back. they would be able to get an online man they covet and we would just swap 1 & 3 rd picks while picking up a 2nd rd pick?

also would SF be willing to part with solomon thomas for a 3 rd pick after they select bosa?
getting one of the clemson dl at 23 would be possiable wilkins ferrell or lawerance and trading for thomas would bolster the dline

just seems like thomas might be the odd man out if the select bosa or another dlineman. haven’t lived up to the 3rd overall pick he selected 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Gotta wait and see what's available at 13. If Haskins or Lock is still there then a 1st next year better be on the table. If not, and none of the options they'd like at 13 are still available, a mid 2nd isn't bad value but you'd have to scrap the switching of 3rds.

It's a waiting game at this point ... all will be revealed shortly.

Last edited:
so if houston calls and offers 1st(23 pick), 2nd(55 pick) & 3rd(86 pick) for miami’s 1st(13 pick) & 3rd(78 pick) would you do it? i think it would be possible as they have 2 2nd rd picks back to back. they would be able to get an online man they covet and we would just swap 1 & 3 rd picks while picking up a 2nd rd pick?

also would SF be willing to part with solomon thomas for a 3 rd pick after they select bosa?
getting one of the clemson dl at 23 would be possiable wilkins ferrell or lawerance and trading for thomas would bolster the dline

just seems like thomas might be the odd man out if the select bosa or another dlineman. haven’t lived up to the 3rd overall pick he selected 2 years ago.
They can keep a 2nd this year and make that a 1st next year.

I would think a first next year would have to be in it, just going off previous draft trends. we get their 23 next years first and a 4th or fifth. that's what the saints gave up for davenport last year

so moving down 10 spots will net a 1st in 2020? i’d be all for that. but what about trying to get solomon thomas? would he not be a viable option for a 3rd pick?

so moving down 10 spots will net a 1st in 2020? i’d be all for that. but what about trying to get solomon thomas? would he not be a viable option for a 3rd pick?

The need is there, sure, but I was never a big Thomas fan. He followed up on his stellar rookie year of 3 sacks with 1 last season ... while being healthy (unless I missed something). He was one of those risers out of no where that I'm always hesitant about.

So, no for me but I'd understand it. A deserved skepticism arises after 2 years of healthy underperformance.

Can we just trade Harris for him straight up? They're both in that precarious purgatory territory.

I am all for trading down to accumulate additional picks, especially if it is for a 2020 first round pick. I would be hesitant to do anything before the draft though - wait until you know who is going to be available at the #13 spot and then leverage that to get as much as you can for the pick from a team that is desperate to get "their guy".

As far as the trade for Thomas, I was reading somewhere that a Reshad Jones trade for him straight up would work for SF if they take Bosa. This would also move Minkah full time to the safety position and clear up a ton of cap room moving forward, further positioning Miami to make huge strides in 2020 in free agency and with the multiple draft picks.

Keep in mind teams with multiple picks might be more willing to trade up but there has to be a player they want to move up for. Also, they have to be worry that if they don't move up they'll lose the players.

The Eagles at 25......they have picks 53 and 57
The Texans at 25.....they have picks 54,55 and 87
The Steleers at 20....they have picks 52,66 and 84

Those are the first 3 teams I would look at.
We have a history of trading with the Eagles and with the Titans but the Titans don't have extra picks in the first 3 rounds.

Im thinking it would have to be a really good player that unexpectedly has fallen to 13 that a team really covets- but MIA does not.

I’m not sure too many scenarios fit that bill, unless its a QB that MIA has no interest in, I really think it’s so much easier to say just trade back and accumulate picks than the reality of what happens the majority of the time.

i think the texans need more help on the online than the fins do as they have a qb in place. so i could see them move up to get an olineman. don’t know how deep this draft is with olineman.

If Ed Oliver is there at 13, I take him.

If he's not, but Haskins is, I wait for the phone to ring.

My *dream* scenario? Is to be able to trade back twice in the first, and nab Dexter Lawrence somewhere in the 20s.

Back
Top Bottom