Draft Day Trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Trade?

Originally posted by dolfanreal69
We could very well deal him and draft a De. I feel if there is one there that is talented. i would love to see us get a second this year and a second next year for him.Dolfanreal69

And what sense would that make? Trade a guy who has proven himself to be one of the top young defensive ends in football just to get an unproven defensive end.

Miami had the opportunity to sign him last offseason. All it would have taken was $25 million over 5 years. They dropped the ball on that one. They let Ogunleye raise his asking price at least $15 million by not signing him last offseason.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

And what sense would that make? Trade a guy who has proven himself to be one of the top young defensive ends in football just to get an unproven defensive end.

Miami had the opportunity to sign him last offseason. All it would have taken was $25 million over 5 years. They dropped the ball on that one. They let Ogunleye raise his asking price at least $15 million by not signing him last offseason.

Talking about making sense??? Wale wasn't worth that deal last year. For the three years he was on the team he had one good year of 9.5 sacks. Remember he was hurt the first year and didn't get credit for the season.

The Dolphins got 15 sacks for $375k and another $150k of incentives.

Most cap savvy teams take full advantage of the cap rules for at least the first three accrued years of a player's career.

Also don't make the mistake of thinking a player is worth what he is asking. Have you never heard of asking for more than you want in the expectation of getting what you will be happy with.

I feel that OGUN is a product of the system (see Trace Armstrong). Yes, he is a great athelete, but as has been the case, noone seems interested in his services. I think most teams know how "products of the system" pan out. He's better off staying with the Fins, if Taylor gets hurt, he can move over and prove his real worth then.

I am definately not joking. But reality of the game says that any player can get hurt, and teams need to be prepared with a good backup. Ogun's attitude so far has been poor at best and not a team player type person. Yes I think he deserves a good contract, but holdouts, or theatening the same is not what coaches want these days. He is hurting his own career, and the Fins need to move on.

G-MAN

I think it's a real long shot that Ogun gets traded before or during the draft. When Friday's deadline passed, Ogun/Rosenhaus lost the ability to negotiate with other teams without the Dolphin's permission.

The Dolphins I guess could grant permission, but I don't think any team is going to want to get bogged down with trying to negotiate a contract for Ogun the week before the draft. If by chance he is traded, I think it will be for a pick or two in the 2005 draft (probably at least a #1), similar to how the Bills traded for Bledsoe a couple of years ago.

I don't think the Dolphins will pursue this at all - I think they'll probably find a way to sign him to a long term deal after the draft.

Originally posted by Gary Miles
I feel that OGUN is a product of the system (see Trace Armstrong). Yes, he is a great athelete, but as has been the case, noone seems interested in his services. I think most teams know how "products of the system" pan out. He's better off staying with the Fins, if Taylor gets hurt, he can move over and prove his real worth then.
Is not that other teams don't want him. They just don't wanna give up a 1st and a 3rd and on top of that the big contract too.Most teams in the NFL would love to have him. Is just that the price is high in both money and picks.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom