Draft Day: Who thinks this is a bad idea? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day: Who thinks this is a bad idea?

Originally posted by Danny
I still don't see us taking a safety on day one. I think if we stay with the picks we have we'll go o-line and either WR or DT. Maybe a LB. Maybe we'll take a safety on the 2nd day but if we do we'll have to let go someone else. If we need a safety after next year we can then draft one in 2005.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree I don't see the Dolphins drafing a safety in the first day but I can see them definetly picking a safety later on in the draft.

I think if some1 falls that they didnt expect to fall, i think the fins will jump on them depending who it is.. but if not it will b a ol or mayb rick has a big surprise in store, who knows!

I feel that with all the hype involved in this 1st pick we should draft the best player availible. I am not sure O-line is a must in the first rd. I know i will take heat for this, but quality at the guard postion can be found in the 3rd and i feel you have to take the best player there on the board. JMO. Dolfanreal69

Originally posted by dodge
wouldn't mind taking ot shane andrews, shawn's brother, if he's there in the 6th. strictly a project but has great potential.

You mean Stacy Andrews of Mississippi.
Shane Andrews was (still is?) a third baseman of no particular note who played for the Expos, Cubs and some other teams. :)

While the concept you mention is fine, my problem is that once you get past the first 6-8 Olineman this year you get to guys who are "projects", that is not ready to play this year. That was the case with Whitely last year and probably Smith who was forced into starting with mixed results.

We have 7 linemen now who can play at NFL level. Smith/James/McKinney/Whitely/St.Clair starting now with Yates and Jerman coming off the bench. I discount McIntosh for the time being. We clearly need two more players who can go this year. I think one will come from the draft and hopefully high enough to play well this year. The second will be a veteran that we cull from a waiver wire or free agency. There I think Randall is our best bet now and I hope we can sign him.

I like the idea of getting Randall. Im just not crazy about starting St. Clair at RT. If we get Randall then McIntosh doesnt have to rush the recovery or possibly come back too early. Plus it gives us more depth which you can never have too much of. I would love to see the starting lineup look like this
LT- Smith
LG- James
C-McKinney
RG- Andrews
RT- Randall/McIntosh
Which leaves us with Whitley, Yates, Jerman, St. Clair, and whoever is left out of Randall/McIntosh for depth. Now that does not look bad and would sure put my mind at ease a little more.

Back
Top Bottom