Draft Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day

PHANTASTIC 13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I live in north east Ohio, near Youngstown and in today's paper they had a big article on the Cleveland Browns that said they may want to trade down for additional picks in the daft. It also said to look for a trade between the Chiefs and either the Browns or Dolphins for QB Trent Green on draft day.
That being said...look for the Raiders, Lions and Browns to listen to all offers to trade down for additional picks because those three teams have many holes to fill on their rosters and could use the extra picks for that reason.
How bad does Miami want Brady Quinn or Calvin Johnson, who is being touted as the best player in the draft? Ship a few picks and move up in the draft and get the guy you want...I would go after Johnson myself and use a second on a QB. The Dolphins would have to send this years first and next years second rounder to get a deal done, maybe even throw in a fifth or sixth from this years draft. :D

I live in north east Ohio, near Youngstown and in today's paper they had a big article on the Cleveland Browns that said they may want to trade down for additional picks in the daft. It also said to look for a trade between the Chiefs and either the Browns or Dolphins for QB Trent Green on draft day.
That being said...look for the Raiders, Lions and Browns to listen to all offers to trade down for additional picks because those three teams have many holes to fill on their rosters and could use the extra picks for that reason.
How bad does Miami want Brady Quinn or Calvin Johnson, who is being touted as the best player in the draft? Ship a few picks and move up in the draft and get the guy you want...I would go after Johnson myself and use a second on a QB. The Dolphins would have to send this years first and next years second rounder to get a deal done, maybe even throw in a fifth or sixth from this years draft. :D
If we went from #9 to top 3, im not sure we'd have any 2nd rounders left. depending on how we go about compensating for the picks we gave up.

Browns assistant director of player personnel T.J. McCreight also said that the offensive line "will be up to where it should be" after the draft.

The Browns haven't said too much about Thomas up to this point, because they felt he wouldn't be available at No. 3. But now it's anyone's guess what Oakland will do at No. 1 and Detroit at No. 2.

"It's a little bit unpredictable," said Savage. "I think you're talking about two teams that don't necessarily play by the book."

Savage said the Browns are weighing all of their options, including trading up, down or staying put.

"If we're at the third spot, there are five players up there on the offensive side of the ball that everyone in America is focused on," he said. "If we don't do anything, we'll end up with one of those five. The question we're asking ourselves right now is it worth trying to go up to get one of these particular players? Or is it worth trying to go backwards and trying to pick up some extra choices along the way?"

As for trading up, presumably to get a Russell or Quinn, Savage said, "We'd have to grit our teeth to that, but we're open to anything."

If we were to get the 3 pick and both were available I'd go with Johnson in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom