Draft Grades.....

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
This is how I ranked the draft.....
A+: Arizona
A: Washington
A-: San Diego
B+: New Orleans, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee, Kansas City, Oakland, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
B: Buffalo, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Chicago, Green Bay, Carolina, Tampa Bay, San Francisco
B-: MIAMI, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Denver, Baltimore
C+: New England, New York Giants, Atlanta
C: Seattle, New York Jets
D: St. Louis

This is totally subjective.....be willing to give a better analysis of any particular team if asked......

....zilla

i was gone this weekend and didn't get to see the draft, my son emailed me with the results, and from what he said, miami sould be even lower!

Miami had a good draft when you break it down. What were we all asking for before the draft? We wanted a young interior Olineman, a TE, a KR, DE, LB, Dimeback. Well 4 out of 6 ain't bad. We got a good young center in McKinney, a good receiving TE with McMichael, a really good return man in Simmons and a dimeback in Lowe. Henry was a headscratcher, but I have decided to save judement on him and just wait and see.

So I think that the shock of not knowing some of the players confused some people at first, but they should warm up to them in due time.

DE and LB were two HORRIBLE positions in this years draft, so not getting one of them is no real dissapointment. You shouldn't just take a DE because he is a DE when there is a better player at a different position available.

Plus we targeted some LBs but they were all off the board, we even tried to move up, but found the asking price to be too steep most of the time.

Just in case you don't read the transcripts

the situation with Henry was that he was rated as a fifth rounder while everybody else was rated sixth. They took him for depth and special teams.

:D :cool: :D

If you factor in that Miami also got RW with their first round pick, then I think the grade is about right.

Maybe it’s not a big need, but if he’s too good to pass up on the board, especially when you are down there in the second round and you are seeing names fly off the board. This was probably, the way we had the board set up, it was almost identical to every team in the league. Our whole first half of the board was completely wiped out by the fourth round. The only guys up there were medical guys we had rejected or character issue guys.â€Â

This Spielman quote says it all.
I don't think we got anybody we really wanted in the later rounds, so a B- draft grade is generous. (w/o the RW factor)

in 1970

miami traded their first round pick to cleveland for paul warfield and they went to 3 superbowls in a row, lets hope something similar happens here!:D

We should have gotten Eric Heinrich or however you spell his last name from Stanford or Jaoquin Gonzalez or Victor Rogers with that last pick.

Living in Redskin land I have to disagree with the A grade. In talking to Skin fans who work for me, they are all screaming that the first 3 picks didn't address their true needs. The Redskins have 5 QB's in camp and what they need is a true veteran to lead their team. At RB they have Stephen Davis and Ki-Jana Carter. They need depth but that could have waited till the later rounds. As for their number 3A pck, Rashad Bauman, the Skins have one of the deepst CB postions in the NFL. Who is Bauman going to beat out? Champ Bailey, Smoot, Darrell Green, or Donovan Greer?
The Redskins did fill a need w/ their 3B pick, WR Cliff Russell. Better WR's were on the board in earlier rounds that they ignored. The major weakness is the Skins OL, which the didn't address until the 6 th round.
Their grade at best is a C-.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
This is how I ranked the draft.....
A+: Arizona
A: Washington
A-: San Diego
B+: New Orleans, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee, Kansas City, Oakland, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
B: Buffalo, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Chicago, Green Bay, Carolina, Tampa Bay, San Francisco
B-: MIAMI, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Denver, Baltimore
C+: New England, New York Giants, Atlanta
C: Seattle, New York Jets
D: St. Louis

This is totally subjective.....be willing to give a better analysis of any particular team if asked......

I hate the Cowboys, but I think they had a draft worthy of an "A". The true grades for the draft will be given a year from now.

Re: in 1970

Originally posted by dolfan06
miami traded their first round pick to cleveland for paul warfield and they went to 3 superbowls in a row, lets hope something similar happens here!:D

The other day, I asked the moderator at www.miamidolphins.com who the Cleveland Browns chose with the spot we gave up to them in the Warfield trade. They chose some QB who did NOTHING in the NFL. And he was the number 3 overall pick in the draft that year!

We definitely got the better end of that deal, and I think we're going to get the better end of the RW deal.

Back
Top Bottom