draft holmes 1st round, blue 3rd round and sign arrington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

draft holmes 1st round, blue 3rd round and sign arrington

Montella

Mr. Germany
Reaction score

[SIZE=+1]Santonio Holmes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Position: WR [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]College: Ohio State [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Projected Top32[/SIZE]

Pros: Is one of the best route runners in the country. Is blazing fast and really strikes fear into opposing Ds. Good hands. Is also a big threat at punt and kick returns having returned some for TDs in his career, can make something happen after the catch.
Cons: Inconsistency at QB has made him have less than what was expected stats. Struggled against best competition this year (when covered by Alan Zemaitis against Penn St. only had 4 catches for 41 yards 0 TDs). Can be inconsistent.

Greg Blue

[SIZE=-1]Position: FS [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]College: Georgia[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Projected Round3[/SIZE]

Pros: Body of a safety, hits like a linebacker. Solid tackler who plays instinctively. Physical guy you want on your side. Comes from a line of safeties at Georgia who have all been drafted in the first day of the draft.
Cons: Seems lost in coverage. Lacking in speed. Looks for the run and can get beat on mis-direction and play fakes.

i would be very happy with it and it's realistic to happen, i think. what are your thoughts?

Holmes I like but I'm not sold on Blue. If we still wanted a safety that was a liability in coverage, we would have re-signed Lance Schulters. :wink:

Santonio Holmes I wouldn't mind. WR is as much of a need as OLB and OG/C considering how little depth we have at that position (though I'd put DB just a tad higher). Now that we have a real QB at the helm we need to give him the tools he needs to shine.

blue is not worth it in the 3rd. he is a liability in coverage and there has been alot of talk of having to move blue to LB to mask his coverage defincies.

Im not big on Blue. I think we could go after Minter in the third to help beef up our secondary

I could live with that, although i agree Blue probably isn't the best choice and borders on being a complete liability in coverage which is not ideal for Sabans system

Would love to have Holmes and Arrington, but I'll pass on Blue. Seen him beaten too many times.

Montella said:
[url]http://www.nflfans.com/x/gallery/files/1/7/sholmes.jpg[/URL]
[SIZE=+1]Santonio Holmes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Position: WR [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]College: Ohio State [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Projected Top32[/SIZE]

Pros: Is one of the best route runners in the country. Is blazing fast and really strikes fear into opposing Ds. Good hands. Is also a big threat at punt and kick returns having returned some for TDs in his career, can make something happen after the catch.
Cons: Inconsistency at QB has made him have less than what was expected stats. Struggled against best competition this year (when covered by Alan Zemaitis against Penn St. only had 4 catches for 41 yards 0 TDs). Can be inconsistent.

[url]http://www.nflfans.com/x/gallery/files/1/7/gblue.jpg[/URL]
Greg Blue

[SIZE=-1]Position: FS [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]College: Georgia[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Projected Round3[/SIZE]

Pros: Body of a safety, hits like a linebacker. Solid tackler who plays instinctively. Physical guy you want on your side. Comes from a line of safeties at Georgia who have all been drafted in the first day of the draft.
Cons: Seems lost in coverage. Lacking in speed. Looks for the run and can get beat on mis-direction and play fakes.

i would be very happy with it and it's realistic to happen, i think. what are your thoughts?

We can get a better safety in the 3rd.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Or Daniael Manning/Darrel Hunter.

isn't manning a cornerback? we have enough cbs (allen, poole, daniels, goodman), so we need a young safety and blue is just one prospect, there are also some other safetys we could draft if they are available in the 3rd round...

Im thinking omar jacobs in the third. Blue will end up sliding to the fourth, so we can pick him up there.

if we sign lavar -chad jackson...pat watkins( just throwing someone out there not greg blue) in third...

if we dont sign lavar - ernies sims or manny lawson...db 3rd....

Back
Top Bottom