Draft Insider's mock and notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Insider's mock and notes

Ohiophinphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Frank Coyle's "Draft Insider's Digest" arrived today.

His list of Dolphin needs;
DT, LB, OL, WR, S

His mock has the phins drafting;
1-Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas
3-Isaac Hilton, DE, Hampton
4- Cody Pickett, QB, Washington
6- Richard Seigler, LB, Oregon State
7a- Dexter Reid, S, North Carolina
7b- Jacob Bell, G, Miami(Ohio)

A few notes on guys we have talked about

Justin Smiley, pick #74
Stephen Peterman, #76
Sean Locklear, #104
Chris Snee, #94
Vernon Carey, #33
Jake Grove, #49

Sean Jones, #62
Stuart Schweigert, #73

Rashuan Woods, #24
Lee Evans, #30
Reggie Williams, #31
Michael Clayton, #32

I like his write-ups and positional evaluations better than his mocks.

I already know these people don't have a clue just by seeing them select Reggie at #32, and behind Woods & Evans. That's funny sh*t.

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
Frank Coyle's "Draft Insider's Digest" arrived today.

His list of Dolphin needs;
DT, LB, OL, WR, S

His mock has the phins drafting;
1-Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas
3-Isaac Hilton, DE, Hampton
4- Cody Pickett, QB, Washington
6- Richard Seigler, LB, Oregon State
7a- Dexter Reid, S, North Carolina
7b- Jacob Bell, G, Miami(Ohio)

A few notes on guys we have talked about

Justin Smiley, pick #74
Stephen Peterman, #76
Sean Locklear, #104
Chris Snee, #94
Vernon Carey, #33
Jake Grove, #49

Sean Jones, #62
Stuart Schweigert, #73

Rashuan Woods, #24
Lee Evans, #30
Reggie Williams, #31
Michael Clayton, #32

I like his write-ups and positional evaluations better than his mocks.
Lets see, he says our needs are DT, LB,o-line,WR and Safety but has us taking a DE and a QB? and he thinks Smiley will last till the 74th pick? Not trying to be too Italian here but all I have to say is...forget about it!!

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I already know these people don't have a clue just by seeing them select Reggie at #32, and behind Woods & Evans. That's funny sh*t.

Ourlads has Michael Clayton ranked ahead of and getting picked ahead of Reggie Williams. They have Reggie being drafted 30th. I guess they don't have a clue either. Maybe you should write and publish a draft book every year to let those guys see how the players really should be ranked. :D

Actually Draft Insiders rank Reggie 25th overall, after Clayton and ahead of Woods and Evans. I guess in the mock draft, he is trying to match the player with the team and not have them come off the board exactly like his top 120.

IMO. Woods is a safer pick than any of the other 3 mentioned here, and I'd have no problem with picking him over Williams, Clayton or Evans.
But then again, I could be wrong, after all there is subjectivity in anyone's rankings of players, whether they like it or not and no matter how much they try for it not to be so. :sleep:

Originally posted by Dr.Rad
That's not a great mock :goof:

We really do not have enough picks to hit on all our needs, so let's look at the rationale of the picks after Andrews, who seems to be nearly everyone's pick for us, so we can pretty well know for sure he is the one guy we will not be getting. :lol:

Hilton would improve the depth at DE, and our backups there really do little to excite or have much long term value...besides at this point we really do not know if Ogun will be with the team after this season or if he will get a long term contract.

I personally like Cody Pickett, and think he is solidly the 5th Qb in this draft and would be a good value in the 4th and another talented young QB to develop for the future.

I'm doubtful whether Richard Seigler will still be there in the late 6th, but if so, he could provide some depth behind Zach in the middle since we lost Hendricks and both Moore and Jenkins are better suited for the outside.

Jason Bell is another young OL with plenty of upside, some rank him around 5th or 6th among guards and it is also doubtful imo if he'd be there in the 7th, but if so he'd be great value, imo.
Reid was a very productive safety over several years and it has been mentioned that another safety to compete with Freeman will be drafted at some point, probably higher. Actually it could make more sense to go for a safety in the 3rd if the right one is there and DL depth later on.

But who really knows? It is just a guess when all is said and done, until the real deal takes place and as always we end up being shocked and surprised several times over when we see that many teams forgot to check the internet draft sites before setting their value boards.
:lol:

Originally posted by MrClean

Maybe you should write and publish a draft book every year to let those guys see how the players really should be ranked. :D

Compared to these people, even you may be able to punblish a draft book. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom