Draft interviews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft interviews

Rubbin420

Marino for President
Reaction score
We can speculate on who the dolphins draft and when and why.
Im sure everyone has seen a list of those interviewed by the dolphins until now. So lets say that quite a few players that are high on the dolphins draft board have at least been interviewed to some extent. From this list who do you think is a possible 1st, 2nd and so forth.
If we go by this list, the only person I see available at 16 that is worth a first is Jean-Gilles or Comartie. I dont know all of these guys so I may have missed a couple. Hope we can pull off Croyle in the 2nd.
I think its safe to say the fins take a QB, OL, LB, CB in the draft. Its the only obvious thing we can say with Saban. But when and who.....?

Tally of Dolphin Interviews: OG Davin Joseph, QB Jay Cutler, WR Martin Nance, QB Darrell Hackney, DT Broderick Bunkley, OG Max Jean-Gilles, DT Dusty Dvoracek, DT Gabe Watson, CB Tye Hill, OLB Spencer Havner, QB Brodie Croyle, OG Ryan Cook, OL Albert Toeina, QB Charlie Whitehurst, OL Jon Scott, DB Pat Watkins, LB Thomas Howard, TE Anthony Mix, CB Antonio Cromartie, QB DJ Shockley, OL Will Allen, OC Nick Mangold, and LB Freddy Roach.

1. Cutler
2. Mangold or Cromartie
3. Watson

Would be great, IMO. Doubt that Cromartie or Watson fall that far, but since everyone else likes to dream around here........ :D

Does anyone have the list of interviews from last year? Its a good way to test this theory. Compare who was interviewed and who got drafted.

One good thing is Saban started 3 of his 6 or 7 drafted. (Brown, Daniels, Crowder) Thats a steal in any team! Good Job Saban

The problem is they interview hundreds of players....not just at the combine...but at the bowl games....pro-days....many of which we will never know.

fishypete said:
The problem is they interview hundreds of players....not just at the combine...but at the bowl games....pro-days....many of which we will never know.

Exactly

Hey how about a little credit where credit's due on where that list came from. It's not like I pulled it off some website. I've been keeping a running tally of confirmed Dolphins interviews by hand, putting it all together from unfathomably varied sources. The players I put in bold on my signature have confirmed connections or special consideration from the Dolphins and are the subject of strong rumor.

BTW, as for Senior Bowl interviews, Miami admits they've probably spoken with like 90% of the players there. My assumption in creating the list is that it becomes notable enough to print who the Phins were talking to, if they spent a fair amount of time with them.

ckparrothead said:
Hey how about a little credit where credit's due on where that list came from. It's not like I pulled it off some website. I've been keeping a running tally of confirmed Dolphins interviews by hand, putting it all together from unfathomably varied sources. The players I put in bold on my signature have confirmed connections or special consideration from the Dolphins and are the subject of strong rumor.

BTW, as for Senior Bowl interviews, Miami admits they've probably spoken with like 90% of the players there. My assumption in creating the list is that it becomes notable enough to print who the Phins were talking to, if they spent a fair amount of time with them.

Hey CK, what do you know about LB Pierre Woods? I love the guys size. He had a bad year this yeear but previously quite good and could be had late in the draft.

ckparrothead said:

CK...Your list is nice...but it will never be totally complete....the Dolphins will talk to players...and we'll never know. Remember...it doesn't have to be with Saban...in fact I would be shocked if it was...only thru Saban. Even still...he'll have his hands all over it...and get what he wants.

fishypete said:
CK...Your list is nice...but it will never be totally complete....the Dolphins will talk to players...and we'll never know. Remember...it doesn't have to be with Saban...in fact I would be shocked if it was...only thru Saban. Even still...he'll have his hands all over it...and get what he wants.

I didn't say it was complete. In fact I thought I pretty clearly stated that I'm operating under an assumption that when I hear about it, the interview was notable enough to get into the papers, and that's why I've got the list. I pretty clearly stated that the Dolphins ended up talking with about 90% of the players at the Senior Bowl. I know I'm boring, but at least TRY and read what I say sometimes...

Bowl_Bound said:
Hey CK, what do you know about LB Pierre Woods? I love the guys size. He had a bad year this yeear but previously quite good and could be had late in the draft.

Honestly I had no idea there was even a linebacker in this draft named Pierre, lol.

I'll see what I can dig up on him for you, but since at this point I'll not have any game footage to go on, any opinion I have on him will be derived from what has been written about him, and my own feelings of where that places him in the context of things. In otherwords there'd be a strong possibility my opinion is garbage.

ckparrothead said:
I didn't say it was complete. In fact I thought I pretty clearly stated that I'm operating under an assumption that when I hear about it, the interview was notable enough to get into the papers, and that's why I've got the list. I pretty clearly stated that the Dolphins ended up talking with about 90% of the players at the Senior Bowl. I know I'm boring, but at least TRY and read what I say sometimes...

Pete just ticked because Vince Young isn't on the list. :D

ckparrothead said:
Honestly I had no idea there was even a linebacker in this draft named Pierre, lol.

I'll see what I can dig up on him for you, but since at this point I'll not have any game footage to go on, any opinion I have on him will be derived from what has been written about him, and my own feelings of where that places him in the context of things. In otherwords there'd be a strong possibility my opinion is garbage.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Players/Michigan_PierreWoods.htm
http://www.draftshowcase.com/PierreWoods.htm
Here are some places to start. I love his size and versatility!

ckparrothead said:

You boring? Since we both agree the list is nice...but incomplete...nothing more needs to be said.

I know this.......we never talked to Ronnie Brown. We never talked to Crowder as far as I know, but they studied him deep (injury and probs). Daniels i would think Saban wouldnt need to talk to.

Back
Top Bottom