Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other moves in the later rounds

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hellion

She can rub my Baltars!
Reaction score
I think the Fins will end up packaging some draft picks in order to move up to get a player they really want.

I know the normal move for Miami is to move down for more picks but with being so close to the Brass ring and getting comp picks does anyone feel that they may make a surprise move up in the draft?

Trade up and get Terrance Metcalf!:D

Maybe a 4th and a 3rd for a late 2nd/early 3rd?

I honestly don't seem them moving up at all. Plus they just don't have the firepower to pull off getting into the 2nd round (remember you can't trade comp picks)

Ya I know about the comp picks but they give the Fins the comfort to be able to trade some late round picks and move up higher in the 3rd rd.

Even though I've watched it most of my life I'm not real strong on the details of the draft, thats why I was asking.:)

I think they should stay put, but alot of things could unfold with some of these O-Linemen. I think WannSpeils policy of finding the best possible player still holds true,,and if a gaurd or a tackle that is a higher projection (and depending on how the Phins scouted him), they could move some picks to draft him. I know the Phins will not pick untill the 3rd rnd but the intrigue of finding that one guy to solidify the O-Line might make the earlier rnds for the Dolphins very interesting ! Marino1983

Some real gems are found in the mid. rounds ie. JT 3rd, SM 3rd, ZT 5th etc. I hope we stay put; afterall we have one of the best scouting dept`s. in the nfl. an extra 3rd & 4th comp pics would be nice but I think it will more likely be a 4th and 6th. In any event, I sure wish the draft was tomorrow!! :D

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Some real gems are found in the mid. rounds ie. JT 3rd, SM 3rd, ZT 5th etc. I hope we stay put; afterall we have one of the best scouting dept`s. in the nfl. an extra 3rd & 4th comp pics would be nice but I think it will more likely be a 4th and 6th. In any event, I sure wish the draft was tomorrow!! :D

Madison was a 2nd round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/players/3863_bios.htm

Although its possible we can grab a player like Thomas in the 5th, it doesn't happen often and probably won't happen this year.

Cris Carter

I think that if the dolphins get Carter they will do alot better.
they should at least go 12-4 with the improvement at the running game, and with carter they should score more touchdowns and should get to the AFC championship.

Re: Cris Carter

Originally posted by Madison29
I think that if the dolphins get Carter they will do alot better.
they should at least go 12-4 with the improvement at the running game, and with carter they should score more touchdowns and should get to the AFC championship.

IMO I feel they can do everything you mentioned without the sevices of Mr. Carter, but that's an argument for another thread.:D

Boohyeah

I think you are right on target with Terrance Metcalf, can also play LT in a pinch, we are thinking right along the same lines.

Back
Top Bottom