Draft Overview:RBs+FBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Overview:RBs+FBs

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Draft Overview:RBs+FBs+TEs

Next position. RB+FB+TE

You may think that both of these positions are settled but not quite. The team's needs in these positions are low and that is why this overview has been combined.

Ricky Williams offcourse is there, secondly Travis Minor who is a RFA, but I doubt someone will pay a third, and Leonard Henry.

If say a talented back like Julius Jones were to fall to us in the sixth or so you still have to fire on a player like him.

This article is more about FBs. You could say it was the OL's fault this year, but look at L.T. His line has sucked just as hard as ours all year long, but Lorenzo Neal got him over 5 yards a carry. Konrad's play was not as good as his in 2002 and I am hoping he is not developing the same concussion problems as Christian was in Atlanta.

There is also a possiblity of changing offenses. Then maybe a Deon Dyer guy will be needed more. Some options in the latter rounds are Mike Karney and Doug Easlick. Keep in mind that Ayanbadejo is also a free agent.

TE wise we are pretty much set if our LS comes back healthy and beats out Jeff Grau. McMike is a good as ever and will have an ever better year next year, Lee has controlled his penalties and will next season contribute even more and give us a dangerous TE tandem.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to get a veteran like Cecil Martin on our team to block if Konrad keeps having problems.

Jaj, this has BY FAR been Rob Konrad's best year as a fullback. His blocking this year has been tremendous - he is night and day compared to what he was like as a rookie and almost everyone has picked up on how good a hole clearer he has become. To say that his play wasn't as good as in 2002 is flat out wrong.

As for TE's, Travis Wilson of K-State fits our needs nicely - he's a pounding blocker with great hands. Everytime you see Darren Sproles break a big one, it's usually behind Wilson.

This year has been his best? Not quite. Your best year is when your running back has a career year, Ricky had a poor year YPC wise which is what a FB aims for.

RB and FB are pretty much set.

FB is not set...

ricky touches the ball more then anyother back in the NFL and will start all 16 games this season.

on the flip side RK has been so injury prone and he doesn't do 1/4 of the work ricky does.

Konrad injury prone? What are you talking about? Geez
I don't remember Dyer starting any games for us, now, do you? I think this is like the first year he hasn't started all the games.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
FB is not set...

ricky touches the ball more then anyother back in the NFL and will start all 16 games this season.

on the flip side RK has been so injury prone and he doesn't do 1/4 of the work ricky does.

Konrad is one top FB in the league and Femi is a good back up who excels cathcing the ball out backfield.

Back
Top Bottom