Draft Philosophy... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Philosophy...

For our team right now.. i think Best Player Available...

but.. still would like to see us trade up to go after a franchise QB

bpa... a do whatever it takes can be a problem cause ANYONE can be a bust, and you do what it takes and it doesn't work out, it hurts that much more...

Always BPA, but I'm a fan of trading down if there's a guy you really want a few slots below where you are. Not a fan of trading up. Draft picks are the key to the universe.

It depends on what our needs are and who's there when we pick. If we need a QB and when we pick, Young, Leinert, and Cutler are all gone, then you're not going to REACH for a QB that's graded lower just because we need that position. At that point of course you go for BPA. And yes, our needs will be better known after free agency...

I'm just a "draft that 6'5 mobile quarterback with a gun who just wins almost all his games" kinda draft philosophy.

I am now a guy who says best value.

But as for Saban, he will have his board, he will have it all lined up with what he thinks is there value overall no matter what position, then the draft plays out and he picks the best guy on his board that has either dropped down for whatever reason, or is the guy who is right where he has them on his board. One also has to consider that he wanted RB over Caddy, which tells me, all things equal, what can you do in my system that has the biggest need? We need protection of the QB and get into a more powerful passing game. Henceforth, Ronnie Brown. We allowed one of the fewest sacks this year. Ronnie Brown was a huge plus on this.

So Saban will get his man in a Channing Crowder who everyone else passed on. Matt Roth ect. and he will make them into what he knows he can. Players.

BPA. You go after need, and there is a tendency to reach... sometimes far. Ask our old friend Wanny. (Fletcher, Eddie Moore. YIKES!)

Back
Top Bottom