Draft Prediction | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Prediction

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
THIS IS PREDICATED ON THAT MAIMI SIGNS GREG RANDALL!!! he would be the 4th lineman signed .. and the likelyhood of andrews falling to # 20 is beginning to look remote due to cleveland's interest in him ... other than lee evans i don't see any other offensive player good enough @ # 20 that miami would take .. unless one of the other big receivers fall!! SO WITH THAT IN MIND!!! i will predict that the 2004 draft for the MIAMI DOLPHINS will be DEFENSIVE minded ... now that greenwood is ONLY going to sign a one year tender and not a long term deal... my guess would be another LB @ 20 !!! sorry guys .. YES another LB!!!

It really wouldn't suprise me.

The pick was always gonna be a WR, because Rick wanted to sort out Oline in FA. When Boston fell into our laps, I don't think Rick could believe his luck.

It does look like that we will be drafting D unless Andrews is available, or we reach for Carey.

Guys like Starks, Hall, Vilma, DJ Williams would be great picks as they can play behind experienced pro before taking over.

I think we could go defence but not LB. I think we'd take a DT first but I'm really starting to think that we'll take Smiley. With all the OT's that we have now, RG is the one spot where we can use help and this guy could be a probowler for the next several years. We might move down and still take him but we can't move down too far cos other teams will try and take him before us. He's the best guard on the board and that's what we need.

Ozzy rules!!

I think if we sign Randall they will not take another OL at #20. With the addition of Boston and Minnis to the receiving corps I doubt they take a receiver at that spot. Unless Rivers is still on the board they will not take a QB.
Dolfan91 is right it looks like #20 is going to be defense. The only DT's and DE's worthy of the #20 pick will be gone by then. That leaves LB's and DB's. Of those 2 the team need is greater at LB than DB. Age issues with Seau, marginal play by Greenwood, ZT getting beat up and worn down by the end of the season, Eddie Moore?????
My prediction for #20: D.J. Williams LB, UM or Jonathan Vilma LB, UM which ever one is available at that time. Just my 2 cents worth.

Originally posted by finsnchips
Guys like Starks, Hall, Vilma, DJ Williams would be great picks as they can play behind experienced pro before taking over.

Hall would more than likely be long gone before Miami picks. He's the best CB in this year draft. Dunta Robinson could maybe fall to #20 but the Saints wouldn't pass him up. I don't think.

Safety could be another way to go....S. Jones would more than likely be available. I do like Vilma and starks tho....I

I think this just may be right. I think that Miami wouldn't pass up Andrews or Rivers if available, but they're just not going to be. The only reason to pick up a WR is if the team is really down on DT or somebody else on the roster at #3. It hurts not addressing that position given the talent, but the upside is that a WR probably wouldn't exactly be the value pick at 20. It looks as though all the really great guys will be gone, leaving the guys that have a question mark (size with Evans as an example) who are late 1st/early 2nd kinds of players.

Let's look at D...

We're set at CB, but I would still take Hall if he drops like crazy. I don't want Dunta, though.

We have a SS in Knight who is apparently about to sign an extension. A guy who could play FS wouldn't be bad, but #20 is probably too high to take anybody who would be left on the board by that point.

LB is a position where we really only need two great guys (in the Thomas and Seau positions). We have the immediate needs set up, but I could see going here. I have to hope that Eddie Moore is going to be proficient enough to replace Greenwood. We're drafting for a Zach/Junior replacement.

DE is probably the best position to address, especially if the team has doubts about Wale signing long term. It is unlikely that a guy worth #20 would fall to us, though.

DT is in probably as good a shape as LB is at this point, but it would be nice to have a young guy in there. There might actually be a guy worth #20 who would be on the board, too.

If I'm running things, I look to trade down. I doubt that will be much of a success. I wouldn't mind trading up to 18 to smite the Vikings if one of the good DEs were available. I think that would require that the Saints take something like a 4th rounder or maybe a player, so I believe it would only happen if they were certain that the guy they wanted were not being targeted by the Vikings. That means it can't be Dunta.

In the event that we're stuck at #20, I think we're looking at LB or DT.

i base my opinion ... on the age of seau and his potential to be a cap casualty nest season and the potential of greenwood leaving after this year ... if miami does signed randall .. there is a good chance miami will turn to defense in the 2004 draft... williams, vilma, dansby, or even thomas of auburn would be good additions... i'm still in the lee evans corner... i want and hope miami does draft him.. but i think the OL plan was to fix in F/A all along ... i'm convinced defense will dominate miami's draft strategy ... after all spielman did attend the texas pro day in person.. and tubbs is a 1st round guy...

Back
Top Bottom