Draft question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft question

Simone007 said:
How much time will a team have to decide its pick?

I believe it's 15 in round one, 10 in round 2, then 5 for every round after that, I always forget this every year, haha. I KNOW it's 15 for the first round, and I know all the day 2 rounds (4-7) are 5 minutes each, I just forget if it's 10 for round two then 5 for round three, or 10 for both 2 and 3, lol, IDK. Pretty sure it's:

Round 1: 15
Round 2: 10
Round 3: 5
Round 4: 5
Round 5: 5
Round 6: 5
Round 7: 5

It's prolly gonna be wrong now since I said "I'm pretty sure" :lol:

15 minutes are too much! 32 teams X 15 minutes = 8 hours for the first round

Simone007 said:
Is this the first draft you'll be watching/paying attention to? The first round usually takes what seems like all day.

how many rounds get finished on the first day?

Simone007 said:

Teams don't necessarily take the whole 15 minutes every pick.

Dolfan4life! said:
rounds 1 through 3 are done on the first day.

So we get to watch two new players become Dolphins today. Not bad.

mcteems said:
Get to watch both new Dolphins? The draft will still (obviously) be on ESPN when we pick in the 1st round but I'm not sure if our 3rd will be televised. ESPN's draft coverage will be long off the air by then. Maybe the NFL Network?

Dolfan4life! said:
Get to watch both new Dolphins? The draft will still (obviously) be on ESPN when we pick in the 1st round but I'm not sure if our 3rd will be televised. ESPN's draft coverage will be long off the air by then. Maybe the NFL Network?

If I'm correct, it switches to ESPN2 at about 7:30pm

HysterikiLL said:
If I'm correct, it switches to ESPN2 at about 7:30pm
Sounds right, ESPN2 has it for a few hours after ESPN switches to something else (probably baseball). I doubt that ESPN2 will still have draft coverage by the time the Fins pick in the 3rd though.

mcteems said:
Maybe more if Nick and Randy trade down. It could go from 2 to 4 players depending on the deal the can workout if they trade down.:wink:

Dolfan4life! said:
Is this the first draft you'll be watching/paying attention to? The first round usually takes what seems like all day.

Never payed attention to the draft live

Back
Top Bottom