Draft says Chambers/Ogun get extended/signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft says Chambers/Ogun get extended/signed

With the Bears being as interested as they seem to be what about their 1st next year, or any teams. I am not sold on Ogun being worth the money he is wanting, not taking away from his play just not sold on him for as above stated 42 milion. We need picks because as we all noticed on day one we tend to trade them. At this point I would take a 2nd and 3rd for Ogun actually I would prefer that to a 1st.

Jimmy James said:
I don't understand why everybody slams Seattle when the real problem IMHO is the contract the Eagles gave Kearse. I know I professed my love for that organization, and I'm not contradicting myself here. I think they know they overpaid him and may have actually done so just to skew the market because they knew other teams like the Redskins who needed help would get burned as a result. That's the power that a team with huge cap space has...

You're right. When thinking about Wistrom, I always tie Kearse's $14 million bonus to him instead of the $9 million he got in my head (not to mention the $66 million). But still, he was overpaid. He doesn't deserve more than JT or Wale.

OK. Drafts over. We didnt get a first rounder for Wale. IMO its time to show Wale some love and sign him long term now. We tried pedalling him but didnt get any takers. IMO he DESERVES Winstrom money, based on the going rate of the market. Not just the DE market, the Free Agent market:

OG Damien Woody got a $10 million signing bonus
CB Antoine Winfield got $11 million
DE Winstrom got $14 million

RS was in a position of great leverage the last few months, and for that reason he didnt rush into signing Ogun long term. Now that the draft is behind us, I can see Wale getting a big contract in very soon.

Muck said:
Wale has not been injured at all since tearing up that knee at Indiana in 1999. Plus, Jason Taylor goes 255 at best. And he doesn't miss any time at all.

Wale deserves that big money. I hope we can give it to him soon.

First intelligent post on this topic.

Wale is well worth the money he is asking for if we can keep him paired with JT. Instead of only being a threat from one side we will be one from both. Great players are only great when they have a good supporting cast.

JT+Wale= Best D-Line combo in the NFL. 'Nough said. Sign him.

Well heck lets give all the players a cast wether they have something broken or not.Dolfanreal69

We have not had another De play as good as Ogun.Mixon,Bromell were not nearly as good as Ogun. Neither played anywhere near the level Ogun has. And what makes people think david bowens is so good he has done nothing but get hurt year after year.

Jimmy, I agree with you too, Ogun is a good, good player...but not in Kearse's or JTs league. And I also agree that Philly skewed the compensation picture for all other DEs, which may be why Wistrom got as much as he did...I just don't see us tying up 4-5 mil a year in cap space on another defensive player...I would be a little apprehensive about restructuring Knight so that it would be difficult for us to trade or release him, once we get or draft a better safety, but they have talked about doing this (along with Surtain's contract) to re-sign both Wale and Ogun...We do have another year on RM...however, that could get hairy if the offense breaks out with the added weapons. I think RM stands to gain the most from this...at least later in the season. This assumes that CC and Bbo go nuts in the early season, and as defenses start to maneuver to shut them down, it'll leave RW and RM open...IMO...We have a couple of years coming that are going to be tough for fans (2006 in particular) because of the cap, but we'll see how it shakes out...

I personally would love to see Wally get signed to a multi year deal. However, with market for DE's where it is I think we would pay too much. That being said, I don't know if there is many DE's that will be FA's next year. Thus Ogun would probably make a fortune if he came in and played at this years tender and did well AGAIN.

I love Wale and hope he resigns long term and think he will. Was he helped by JT, yeah, but JT was also helped alot by Wale. When the opposition Double teamed Jt that oipened things up for Wale and wale did what good to great DE's do, beat his man and sacked the qb. So early on Wale was helped by JT being double teamed, cant double both. Thing that impressed me is when that stopped Wale stilled got his sacks, which says that he is the real deal. If we could have gotten a 1st and 3rd, then let him go, other than that re-sign him.

No way does Rick let CC walk, no way, CC retires a fin. He is exactly Ricks type of guy.

LoXiN said:
First intelligent post on this topic.

Wale is well worth the money he is asking for if we can keep him paired with JT. Instead of only being a threat from one side we will be one from both. Great players are only great when they have a good supporting cast.

JT+Wale= Best D-Line combo in the NFL. 'Nough said. Sign him.

i agree. Muck knows the deal. Ogun was the one who made things happen this past year. even for JT. i tend to think Ogun made JT better. all teh double team stuff is overrated. i think teams ran away from JT or did things to better concentrate on JT but i think they focus on zach more than anyone. Surtain restructures, Ogun gets his deal, and chambers/Mcmicheal will get deals later once cuts and the team is set.

Back
Top Bottom