Draft Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Thoughts

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I know we've been all over the place trying to figure out who the Dolphins will draft at #8. Obvioiusly, free agency will play a huge roll. I believe if Miami loses both Paul Solai and Kendall Lankford that defensive line suddenly becomes a big need. If the team signs Peyton Manning, a young quarterback is still a must and pretty early in the draft too. Fletcher Cox at #8 could be a real possibility for Miami as he has the position versatility the team looks for and can also put some pressure on the qb. Quinton Coples is another possibility, but Jeff Ireland has never taken a player in the first round with an underachieving label, whether that is fair or not in regards to Coples. He definitely looks like a player, though, and another big guy who can rush the passer. If the Redskins end up being the trade partner for Robert Griffin III, then I believe Ryan Tannehill could be in play. Manning and Tannehill could be a nice present and future situation for the Dolphins at quarterback. I know a lot of talk has centered on right tackle, but I really don't see enough value there in round 1 for Miami. Certainly, a big possibility for round 2. Wide receiver and corner are wildcards depending on who potentially drops to #8. That will be interesting to watch.

I would not be opposed to Fletcher Cox. Not my 1st choice, but I do not think he would be a bad choice.

I would not be opposed to Fletcher Cox. Not my 1st choice, but I do not think he would be a bad choice.
Not my first choice either, but I do think he'd be very solid. I'm kind of hoping for Luke Kuechly, but recognize middle linebacker isn't a huge immediate need. Best player perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom