Practice Squad
Reaction score
THE NEXT MCNABB:evil:
clear.gif

Scouting Report: Walter Washington
Vital Statistics
Position: QB School: Temple
Height: 6-2 Weight: 240 lbs.
More of an athlete than a quarterback, Washington does it all for Temple on the football field. He led the team in passing with 2,207 yards and 10 touchdowns, and rushing yards with 889 in 2004. Washington has some amazing playmaking ability, both as a runner and a passer, but he relies on his athletic ability to get by way too much. Washington has good size and is quite a load to bring down; couple his size with good speed and a strong arm and he has all the physical tools desired to be a NFL signal caller. A junior college transfer, Washington has only two years of college experience and is definitely a raw talent, in need of major development before he can make an impact in the NFL. He needs to learn how to stay in the pocket and go through his reads before taking off, as well as refine his throwing technique. He is often too eager to run and would have been better off staying in school for another year. His talent and ability is irrefutable and will definitely get him a look on draft day.

Not in the 5th round please.

Believe it or not I seen play a little bit, he and Rian wallace. against inferior comp he was usually the best player on the field. Temple did play bowling Green last year and he held his own against them (I know the didn't have the best defense) but I would take a flier on him after the 5th round on bring him in as a undrafted FA...Oh yeah Rian "Goo" Wallace is a MLB so he's out the picture...

I actually like Washington alot. He could end up being a good player. He obviosly needs time to develop, but is talented.

Back
Top Bottom