** Draft Winds - Breaking Down Dolphins Rounds 5-7 ** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** Draft Winds - Breaking Down Dolphins Rounds 5-7 **

LOL thanks for the shout but I'd prefer you didn't copy and paste the whole thing in the thread...the Sun Sentinel folks tend to appreciate the click-thrus.

Hawaii receiver Kealoha Pilares is a beast, with great speed. Would not mind that pickup at all.
Worries about the ligament tear in his knee last December though....thankfully he did not need surgery and is back with good times.

I wonder what Bess knows about him.....?

LOL thanks for the shout but I'd prefer you didn't copy and paste the whole thing in the thread...the Sun Sentinel folks tend to appreciate the click-thrus.

Done. Thanks for the heads up!

Any idea of a Bess opinion on Kealoha Pilares?

i like the bilal powell and derek newton picks although i think newton may be kicked inside...like the anthony sherman pick also if fb is in play...powell in the 5th is where ideally i'd want to get him but i think its dicey...round 4 more in his wheelhouse...dion lewis in the 6th...man that seems late...herzlich in the 5th the earliest i could get down with that but there i'd be willing to take the chance...allen bradford in the 7th sign me up

greg mcelroy...ugh...not a nield guy at all although there is some resemblance to kelly gregg there for me...a very poor mans version...can't stand damien berry or graig cooper...zero interest in either

nice work

i guess you guys have been hearing on julius thomas pretty much what i've been hearing for quite a while now since he's no where on your round 5 list...stock is way up

i wanted to try and get him in the 5th but that sounds like wishful thinking now...i wouldn't be shocked if he went mid to late round 3 but definitely by end of round 4

Agree with CK on what they should do... agree with Richard on what they will do.... and agree with Simon that I'm confused as hell too...

Glad to see you guys come around on Pilares though... I've always thought he'll make a better pro than Salas..

oh and i agree with ck on aldrick robinson also...if he's not a dolphin by the end of the draft i will be flat out shocked

Mike Person OL
Aldrick Robinson WR
Anthony Anderson FB
Marc Schiechl OLB
Michael Huey OG

Any projections without at least two of these guys isn't worth much.

oh and i agree with ck on aldrick robinson also...if he's not a dolphin by the end of the draft i will be flat out shocked

The changes to the kickoff rules is probably going to push him down some more, but overall, I'd agree. Brandon Fusco is another guy who I think is fairly likely to end up a Dolphin given what the UD guys have said about him, likewise Bilal Powell and Alex Green.

The changes to the kickoff rules is probably going to push him down some more, but overall, I'd agree. Brandon Fusco is another guy who I think is fairly likely to end up a Dolphin given what the UD guys have said about him, likewise Bilal Powell and Alex Green.

I agree... Aldrick Robinson may get pushed down a bit. At the end of the day, he is undersized but has very good speed. Great college production from a program that is not known to produce great receivers. A bit of a quagmire here...

Done. Thanks for the heads up!

Any idea of a Bess opinion on Kealoha Pilares?

Never heard Davone say anything about him. But last week in our position breakdowns I picked Kealoha as my sleeper. He's a guy that's front and center for me as the type of player that catches my eye because he made a position switch and became dominant at the new position very quickly...like a horse that goes from dirt to turf and looks great. In only his second year at the receiver position, Kealoha had remarkable statistics in the WAC. And this was with Bryant Moniz passing, I don't think Moniz has got real pro talent. I like Salas a little better than Pilares and said so when TedSlimmJr brought up Pilares prior to the season, but the fact that Salas has garnered mid-round grades while some draft services have Pilares far into undrafted territory, I can't agree with that. THose are two players that should be a little more neck and neck...and both are probably good role players at the next level.

i like the bilal powell and derek newton picks although i think newton may be kicked inside...like the anthony sherman pick also if fb is in play...powell in the 5th is where ideally i'd want to get him but i think its dicey...round 4 more in his wheelhouse...dion lewis in the 6th...man that seems late...herzlich in the 5th the earliest i could get down with that but there i'd be willing to take the chance...allen bradford in the 7th sign me up

greg mcelroy...ugh...not a nield guy at all although there is some resemblance to kelly gregg there for me...a very poor mans version...can't stand damien berry or graig cooper...zero interest in either

nice work

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not a huge Berry or Cooper fan. Never really been interested in either. But I just got this feeling when I saw the Dolphins scout cracking up with Graig Cooper like they'd grown up together or something...this was during Shrine week.

i guess you guys have been hearing on julius thomas pretty much what i've been hearing for quite a while now since he's no where on your round 5 list...stock is way up

i wanted to try and get him in the 5th but that sounds like wishful thinking now...i wouldn't be shocked if he went mid to late round 3 but definitely by end of round 4

Yeah I've had Julius 4th round to potentially 3rd round for a while. That's why I didn't consider him. The one guy I WANTED to stick in this piece and kept questioning myself as to why I didn't was Johnny White. The real reason was I didn't want half my picks to be runners.

One thing you didn't really hear me talk about was me taking so-and-so because he adds returns ability.

Special teams are dead.

Or at least, they're dying.

That's just a fact. The NFL is trying to kill special teams and they'll soon succeed. Touchback percentages were already at an all time high for the last two seasons. They were at an all time high in 2009 and then 2010 pushed it to a new all time high. Teams were already getting better and better at booting the ball into the end zone, and now you're spotting those strong-legged kickers an extra 5 yards? Forget about it. I believe 50% of the league's kickoffs will be touchbacks, think the league has strongly underestimated the change in touchback percentage. They used bad assumptions and outdated historical data to predict what would happen. They will be wrong, and the teams with GOOD kick returners will probably suffer the most because no team will even bother trying to do anything other than boot the ball through the uprights.

And sadly enough, fair catches on punts are also at an all time high. Punt returns are being crowded out of the picture as well.

So I'm not about to look at all these return prospects and start using draft picks on them just so that the team facing us can boot the ball through the uprights and take our talented return man out of the picture. Aldrick Robinson is a bonafied deep threat, he hasn't really been much of a return guy yet...the Dolphins were just trying him out there. I could honestly care less now after the rule changes.

Back
Top Bottom