Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft

What position is our biggest need in the draft based on us not picking up Lavar?

• OL

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • WR

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • CB/S

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • OLB

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ashtoncvsg

Scout Team
Reaction score
This years draft is a mess, we are w/o a lot of picks and have a bunch of needs, but then again when isn't our draft a mess? I can't remember going into a draft happy about our # of picks, but at least we got Daunte w/ one this year!

Anyway, the general consensis seems to be that we need another OLB, WR, S, CB, and OL. I both agree and disagree. While it would be nice to have another OLB and WR I don't think they are a top priority. We obviously have Zach in the middle and Crowder & either Spragen or Hodge. I would love to see us pick up Lavar becuase he would be a huge upgrade, but I dont feel it is a necessity and I think using our 1st round pick on the position would be a waste when other areas are more of a concern. I feel the same about WR. While I would love to select a "skills" position w/ our 1st pick(Holmes or Chad) I don't think we have enough picks to not fill a major priority w/ this pick. Obviously we have Chamber, and I feel Booker is underrated. I'm not sayin he is amazing but he isn't a bad 2nd WR, esp. when you have a TE as good as McMichael.

Our real needs our OL, S, and CB. I personally would love to see Winston Justice taken w/ the first pick, but I think his stock has gone up too high to slide to us. So at that point I feel you need to take the best guy on the borad in the secondary.

It's too bad we gave up this years 2nd rounder instead of next years. Ideally we could have taken Justice if he slipped to us and then Jenkins in the 2nd. Or if Justice didn't make it to 16 taken a CB/S like Hill and picked up Eric Winston in the 2nd, but oh well, Daunte was a bigger need than anyone!

What does everyone feel is our biggest need, please state which position you think we need to fill the most, who you'd like to see picked, and why. Also, base this on us not picking up Lavar.

Adam, that really amazes me that you say that. I feel people think we need a OLB more than we really do because we are trying to get Lavar. I feel we are going after him cause he is amazing, not cause its a postion we have a NEED for. Do you seriously want us to use yet another pick on an OLB? Am I looking at this wrong are our LB weaker than I think? Secondly Greenway will not fall to us we would be looking at getting Carpenter or Sims, do you still feel we dratf a LB if its one of these guys?

i'd like to get secondary help in the 1st or justice or ernie sims....i actually like sims more than greenway....greenway to me has slipped a bit and isnt as good as some ppl think he is....

i agree with the WR thing even though it's the sexy pick....

i think secondary or LB and then OL in the 3rd would be good.:dolphins:

id Really like to trade down to pick up a saftey, b.c the only one availible at out spot are a but of a reach, but id take one in the late 1st and possible get a 2nd and maybe draft a linebacker with that pick

Trate are you sayin Sims cause you really like him or cause you think we really need a LB? Do you think our LB are weak? I personally want an OL, but I can understand using the pick for secondary as well. I do not understand using it on a LB. I truly hope we pick up Lavar, not only cause I htink he is amazing, but because I don't want us to use or pick on a LB.

phinfan999, I like your idea alot, but w/ a slight alteration. I think trading down and picking up a 2nd rounder would be a great idea. And I like you would take a S in the 1st round under that situation, but I'd liek to see us take Eric Winston in the 2nd then. I truly don't think we have a chance for that to happen though, I don't think our 1st round pick is good enough for some1 to give up their 1st and 2nd for it.

We certainly have several needs, but Saban and Mueller have sure made a dent in them. I like the idea of A good, big and potentially dominating offensive lineman. IMO in order to buld a playoff caliber team you must have a good QB, a dominating offensive line and good running backs. We have two of the three hopefully now and we're working on the third.
If the Dolphins win-loss record improves year to year, our draft picks will get later and later. With the anticipation of this happening we better sure make the most of the higher picks we have now, cause we will surely be drafting at the bottom of the pack later on.
As far as Arrington is concerned, he is a good linebacker but he thinks he is great. I rather have linebackers who prove their worth on the field and realize they are part of a team not the center of attention, but thats JMO.

Not many "fans" talkin about the draft, which could have an emense impack on the season. Guess the Lavar threads whiich have been going on for days and the uniform threads are more important. My fellow Fins "fans" never fail to amaze me.

While I agree with a lot of you guys on having quite a few needs I think are big concern is getting a wide receiver. I think our offensive line is pretty good. And the linebackers with or without Arrigton if he signs here are pretty good not the best but easily one of the better linebacker starting lineups in the league. My worry is what would happen if Chambers or Booker were to go down. I mean those two guys are very good and we have a huge drop off in talent in the event one of them gets hurt. Also like a few other people have stated, if we get better and better are first rounders will get later and later and this may be our best chance to get a potentially big impact receiver. The other needs can probably be addressed in the later rounds. Look at the 2005 Draft, Saban is good at finding good defensive players in the later rounds.

I would say S. Although I like Tillman and think Hill can be good, I would like someone else to help back there, maybe Jason Allen to start at FS with Hill starting at SS. I like our CB's right now with Allen, Daniels, Poole, Goodman, Mitchell and Jackson. Our OLB's may be solid with time and I feel we can get someone else in round 3 if need be. Maybe Stanley McClover if he is still available. As for our OL, I think the re-signing of McIntosh can have some significance. Don't forget how high the personel is on Anthony Alabi. So, out of all those, the NEED would probably be safety, but if it comes down to it, and one is available, I can see either Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes being the pick, preferrably Holmes.

Back
Top Bottom