Drafting Leadership And Team First Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting Leadership And Team First Players

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
so far the 3 players we drafted were high character guys who display leadership in the locker room and love the game of football

everything ive read is minkahs a leader on and off the field and its obvious he will be a leader of our defense.

then youve got jerome baker..
How would you describe yourself in the locker room? Would you say that you are a leader type?) – “I’m a different type of leader. I don’t lead just vocally. I don’t lead just on the field. I lead all the way around, so I can definitely lead in all aspects.”

ive also read from a few different sites/forums that hes also a very good locker room guy and well liked by everyone.

then youve got gesicki...

You always want guys that have leadership ability and will speak out if he sees things going wrong, but the one thing is he's a team guy." said Grier. "We talked to Coach Franklin, the staff and the other players there, they all love this kid. We talked to other players on the team, we always ask them, 'hey would you bring him along with you?' And every guy we talked to was like, 'hey, my man Big Mike.'"

Very football smart. The one thing that came out was his passion for football."

- Grier and the Dolphins were not impressed only by Gesicki's athletic ability but also by the intangibles he brings. Among those are leadership qualities he demonstrated at Penn State.

"They come from programs used to the big stage; they're not going to be in awe of anything."

- Grier said this after the selection of Penn State's Gesicki followed that of Alabama's Minkah Fitzpatrick, but it also applied to Baker from Ohio State. The Dolphins clearly added players who are used to playing in big games, which can only help when they transition to the NFL.

http://m.miamidolphins.com/news/art...me-Baker/ff3803d3-ed2e-4c4a-8198-a6af1102441c

Back
Top Bottom