Drafting of Travis Daniels | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting of Travis Daniels

Wow great post and I like how you brought this up but Poole was actually being considered to start thats why wether this guy is there or not he still hurts the starting spot on the depth chart. I'm not saying your point is incorrect I am just stating that this guy may still be a homer pick because how many people are going to listen to a rookie even if they are new to the system. I know madison howard and others probly will not IMO.

wazzy said:
Wow great post and I like how you brought this up but Poole was actually being considered to start thats why wether this guy is there or not he still hurts the starting spot on the depth chart. I'm not saying your point is incorrect I am just stating that this guy may still be a homer pick because how many people are going to listen to a rookie even if they are new to the system. I know madison howard and others probly will not IMO.

If they need help on understanding the defense they will listen to Daniels.

CK... Do you think that Miami is really considering TBuck? As I remember it he called the Dolphins the weekend Poole got injured, but the Dolphins never got back to him.

Yes I think they will consider him, depending on what the rest of the CB market looks like. T-Buck can play slot, and he's played and excelled in Belichick's system before. In fact, in the Super Bowl against the Rams, he played linebacker believe it or not.

I honestly think that Daniels lacks the necessary recovery speed to play in this league at CB. He seems to me, to be a perfect FS prospect. Long arms, physical jam, competes for jump balls, and makes plays on the ball.

Add to this that some have said there were grumbles at teh mini-camp he may not have the foot speed to play CB in the NFL.

I'm well aware he ran a 4.49 at his Pro day, but alot of 38 yard dashes get ran at pro days with stop watches on them on fast tracks.

He was a 4.59 guy at the combine, that's where he probably lies moreso than 4.49. Perhaps he has the great agility to compensate like Surtain did, but we'll see.

PhinsTD said:
I honestly think that Daniels lacks the necessary recovery speed to play in this league at CB.

That is the same reason Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain were both drafted in the second round.

PhinsTD said:
I honestly think that Daniels lacks the necessary recovery speed to play in this league at CB. He seems to me, to be a perfect FS prospect. Long arms, physical jam, competes for jump balls, and makes plays on the ball.

Add to this that some have said there were grumbles at teh mini-camp he may not have the foot speed to play CB in the NFL.

I'm well aware he ran a 4.49 at his Pro day, but alot of 38 yard dashes get ran at pro days with stop watches on them on fast tracks.

He was a 4.59 guy at the combine, that's where he probably lies moreso than 4.49. Perhaps he has the great agility to compensate like Surtain did, but we'll see.

I agree, I think the kid has some talent I just don't think he is a CB in the NFL. Maybe my perception of his abilities is somewhat skewed because I was in the stadium when UGA's Reggie Brown and Fred Gibson was just running by him several times for TDs. To me it seemed he really struggled to turn and run with those guys and neither are really speed guys so I am question whether he can run with NFL guys who are noted for speed and/or quickness. He definitely has some NFL skills, I just don't think those are best suited for NFL CB.

Back
Top Bottom