Drafting QB with 1st Round Pick Un-Likely | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting QB with 1st Round Pick Un-Likely

finnyboy002

Dolphins Canadian Representative
Reaction score
It would seem to me anyway, that with all the names of QB's floating around that we might sign/trade for, that we probably will end up with one of those QB's instead of Cutler or whoever else we could get in the draft. I may be over-looking something but I think if we got McNair or Carr for instance, that we wouldn't be drafting a QB #1. Thoughts?

I definitely think the Dolphins will be looking for a qb of the future, but not necessarily in the first round. Mueller has had some nice success finding mid-rounders at the qb position and I can see Miami doing that with someone like Brody Croyle or Charlie Whitehurst. If Jay Cutler is available in the first round, I can see Miami taking him but I think Saban might rather look at one of the top LT's (McNeil perhaps) or a stud on defense to start rebuilding that unit.

finnyboy002 said:
It would seem to me anyway, that with all the names of QB's floating around that we might sign/trade for, that we probably will end up with one of those QB's instead of Cutler or whoever else we could get in the draft. I may be over-looking something but I think if we got McNair or Carr for instance, that we wouldn't be drafting a QB #1. Thoughts?

Carr is staying in Houston. If Cutler is there at #16, we MIGHT draft him, but probably wont be drafting a QB in the 1st round, maybe later on.

I'm also thinking that we'll take a LT or LB at 16 cos that's where the value will be.I think Cutler's gonna be gone before our pick and we'll draft a QB in the 3rd round or lower.

Ozzy rules!!

Seriously, how much do you think McNair has left?

Danny said:
I'm also thinking that we'll take a LT or LB at 16 cos that's where the value will be.I think Cutler's gonna be gone before our pick and we'll draft a QB in the 3rd round or lower.

Ozzy rules!!

of course, saban and mueller will do what's best, but i have a feeling cutler is the guy and if he's there at #16, we should take him. better depth at other positions, we can pick up defensive help in rounds 2 plus.

dominizzo said:
Saban has to go with D our O is decent we need that D to get younger faster hungrier

QB is the most important position on the field, its been neglected for far too long.

SpeedRush99 said:
QB is the most important position on the field, its been neglected for far too long.

i agree with you but with Mueller at The Helm it is unlikely, I dlike Miami to trade up to select 1 of the QBS A need like u said that has been neglected but Saban hates trading picks away so who do we choose now in the draft Brock BErlin clone, i mean Miami has the chance to make the position great by adding Cutler Leinart Young QBS that will star in the NFL, we can get our Franchise Signal CAller but i doubt it!!! I just hope we do not get another teams back up cuz ill go crazy!!! I want a Rookie Signal CAller or a Qb that is young that can lead this team, i get ur point Speed but i say Saban drafts D

I can see Miami taking him but I think Saban might rather look at one of the top LT's (McNeil perhaps)

McNeil is a RT that has no chance of playing LT in the NFL.

SpeedRush99 said:

So we select any QB? I don't think Saban and Mueller are that dumb....and the Dolphins have too many needs to fill...they may use the Dolphins 2nd rounder on back...but they won't use the first on a prospect that will have to sit...it's not going to happen.

I think Saban likes the QB we picked up from San Deigo, I forgot his name.

Back
Top Bottom