Drake and williams better than Ajayi | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake and williams better than Ajayi

How is that "in fairness?" He got a 42 yard run! How do you take away what he earned and use the words "In Fairness?" lol...Unreal!

Because many on this message board were all about taking away Ajayi's big games and big runs when arguing that he was overrated, so you have to do the same when evaluating Drake or Williams, otherwise the members of this board who went along with that narrative about Ajayi and then turn around and complain when it is applied to his replacements just look like hypocrites who only acknowledge the data that supports their argument while ignoring the rest. Personally, I think every run counts and every game counts, but you can't change the way we evaluate the new backs on this board since we evaluated the previous starter by only counting the smaller, more common distance runs and games.

Because many on this message board were all about taking away Ajayi's big games and big runs when arguing that he was overrated, so you have to do the same when evaluating Drake or Williams, otherwise the members of this board who went along with that narrative about Ajayi and then turn around and complain when it is applied to his replacements just look like hypocrites who only acknowledge the data that supports their argument while ignoring the rest. Personally, I think every run counts and every game counts, but you can't change the way we evaluate the new backs on this board since we evaluated the previous starter by only counting the smaller, more common distance runs and games.

Hypocrites? No..never here! Everything is level-headed and fairly assessed. I'm mean it's not like people want to get rid of the coach that brought us a Playoff berth just last year that lost his starting QB this year and other players and still has us in the middle of the pack.

While Ajayi was a good player we wouldn't treat his trading like we just traded Barry Sanders or something.

Come on..not this place!

I agree that people are crowning Ajayi a bit too much, but I also think that the PURE RUNNING ability of this offense just dropped precipitously. And the early returns are not good. I don't care how many 2 yard check downs we can do now that Ajayi is gone, and the few decent holes our line opens per game will be exploited by backs with less heart and power, so it will be net negative.

Having a big, powerful back (with elite tackle breaking ability) was the primary component that brought us back from the brink last season, and while Drake and Williams are more rounded backs a far as blocking and pass catching, NOTHING about them is elite or even very good. They just fit Gase's "system" better.

It has become quite clear to me that Gase would rather try to force what he wants rather than cater what he designs to what the CURRENT players on the roster can do. No, he'd rather pout, about not having the right toys and insult the players he has now in the media and question their preparation, than accept the idea that POSSIBLY his "system" isn't why he had success in Denver...that MAYBE, JUST POTENTIALLY it was having Peyton Manning...just a thought.

This trade looks just like the McCoy trade in Philly. Chip Kelly wanted someone that better fit his "system" and felt McCoy had attitude problems. I feel the same outcome will befall Gase here as did Kelly and McDaniels in their stints. Systems are overrated. Make the best of what you've got, like BB does.

Last edited:
How is that "in fairness?" He got a 42 yard run! How do you take away what he earned and use the words "In Fairness?" lol...Unreal!
In fairness if you took away all of Barry Sanders' runs of 5+ yards he would have only averaged 1.8 yards per carry so I guess he wasn't so good compared to all the other backs Detroit cut during his tenure.

Both are pretty mediocre with obvious limitations. You can say that about the entire roster minus Suh, Wake, Landry, and Jones. They're the only 4 worth a damn. The defenders are getting old and this team is so stupid that Landry being elsewhere next year is all but done. Remind me why I root for this team again ...
I like what I see from Tank so far too. And don't forget Denney.

If these guys were better than ajayi than gase is to blame for playing ajayi 85 percent of the time These speaks to his bad decision
Solid point but misguided conclusion. Who knows "all" the reasons he was really traded and what was trying to be fixed. Ajayi finished the year pretty strong last year and earned some rights, especially after the season starting the way it did in 2016. I can't but wonder what texts between Ajayi and old teammates look like. Easy for him to stir the pot and if so, it speaks to the players we have and their mindset.

Solid point but misguided conclusion. Who knows "all" the reasons he was really traded and what was trying to be fixed. Ajayi finished the year pretty strong last year and earned some rights, especially after the season starting the way it did in 2016. I can't but wonder what texts between Ajayi and old teammates look like. Easy for him to stir the pot and if so, it speaks to the players we have and their mindset.
Most backs do not get that much share and if they were better than ajayi which they were not and are not then they should have played more.
Not misguided about it this has only went on all season

That extra 5th round pick that they traded to the Saints for a guy that has yet to see the field would have been nice to have in the upcoming draft. The Dolphins definitely need to draft another RB. Drake and Williams are not 3 down backs. Kind of makes me angry to see how a well run team utilizes draft picks. The Eagles trade a 4th round pick for a guy who sees the field and contributes right away. The Dolphins trade a 5th round pick for a guy that has been inactive for 8 straight weeks. Just extremely frustrating rooting for this team.

The eagles love to trade rape us, they'll forever be grateful to Miami for letting them move into the top 10 without giving up any draft picks and helping them get Wentz.

Drake and Williams, combined, averaged 5.9 yards per touch (in the running and passing game) against the Raiders.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a game in 2017 in which Ajayi did that with the Dolphins.

Ajayi's number of yards per touch with the Dolphins in 2017 was a mere 3.5.

Last edited:
A guy like Kamara would be perfect for this offense in all phases. Hopefully we can find someone like him in the draft. Should be able to find a starting back in the third round or so.

The eagles love to trade rape us, they'll forever be grateful to Miami for letting them move into the top 10 without giving up any draft picks and helping them get Wentz.

As will we for getting Kiko essentially for free, that plus Tunsil on a cheaper contract because we most certainly would have taken him at #8 which is a lot more expensive cap wise than #13. If you want to talk about a trade rape, talk about the Iggles move up to get Eric Rowe. They end up with a 2018 4th, and we end up with Phillips, McCain and Lippett. Not a bad haul for a 2nd round pick, was for them though. Philly is great TODAY, but when Alshon, Jernigan, Bradham, Hicks, Allen, Graham, Darby, Agholor, Robinson, Ajayi contracts to name a few expire in 1.5 years, it will be a very different ball game, particularity with the Peters situation...

Last edited:
If these guys were better than ajayi than gase is to blame for playing ajayi 85 percent of the time These speaks to his bad decision

Always negative. Gase had to play him that much to keep his whining to a minimum.

As will we for getting Kiko essentially for free, that plus Tunsil on a cheaper contract because we most certainly would have taken him at #8 which is a lot more expensive cap wise than #13. If you want to talk about a trade rape, talk about the Iggles move up to get Eric Rowe. They end up with a 2018 4th, and we end up with Phillips, McCain and Lippett. Not a bad haul for a 2nd round pick, was for them though. Philly is great TODAY, but when Alshon, Jernigan, Bradham, Hicks, Allen, Graham, Darby, Agholor, Robinson, Ajayi contracts to name a few expire in 1.5 years, it will be a very different ball game, particularity with the Peters situation...

Lmao this is a Deontay Wilder level reach here. Carroo trade was another trade rape.

Last edited:
Lmao this is a Deontay Wilder level reach here. Carroo trade was another trade rape.

Naw, but trading up for Rowe was (Carroo was not with them). They better win it this year, cuz ya know...

upload_2017-11-8_11-13-55.png

Back
Top Bottom