Drew Brees in a Dolphins Uniform??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees in a Dolphins Uniform???

ItalianDolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What do u think?? He is gonna be a free agent next year...with Phillip Rivers making big bucks for being a backup, its likely that Drew Brees will get cut..I think he would be perfect for Miami. Instead of wasting a draft pick on a QB that could be a bust, we should draft a QB in the later rounds...see how well all 4 of our QBs can play out...if they suck, then next year make a run for Drew Brees! He is young, good, and would play well for Miami, and be reunited with Hudson Houck.

There are so many quality QBs and RBs in the later rounds...if we get a #7, #18, and 2nd rounder.....id like to use it on Derrick Johnson since Junior Seau is done soon, a DT because Bowens/Chester are done soon, like Travis Johnson/Mike Patterson/Shaun Cody, and then 2nd round use on Thomas Davis or Josh Bullocks to fill our FS position. With that, our defense fills in all the bad spots. Then in 3rd and on draft a Stefan Lefors or someone, and then a RB...i seriously think instead of using our top pick on a QB, we should go for Drew Brees next year.

Your thoughts?

ill tell you after this season. you cant judge him on one great year.

They will tag him again next year.. and trade him.

I just don't understand sometimes. Drew Brees get cut? He is an UFA next year, that will be Franchised again. If he lights it up, he will force Rivers out of Town, if he doesn't, Rivers comes in, but there is no way he could get cut. Derrick Johnson is not worth the 7th pick. Thank Wanny for wasting a number 2 on Eddie Moore, we have plenty of LB's, good or bad, we have a lot. We need to get the best player, and tha'ts not Derrick Johnson. I love him as a player, but you don't take risks on a guy you really don't need. He has a good and bad profile, so to me, with him not being a need, if he's there at 18, which you never know, take him there. We will not get both the Vikings first rounders, if a trade goes down we will get a lot of picks though. We have messed up by drafting needs, now, finally, we have so many holes, we can take BPA.

the dolphins wont want to do that! they are not looking forward to next year, they want to win this year.i do agree that we shouldn't waste a pick,on someone like ronnie brown, do u think he can carry the ball 30-40x in the nfl.he was good in college,but he had cadallac to help him when he was tired. Auburn had a great line to back him up, and the dolphns do't.im not taking anything from Ronnie, hes a good back, but i don't think thats our first priority.DEFENSE wins championships!!!!!

Find me about 6-8 million and cap room and let the chargers accept crap for him and I will take him. Don't think its gonna happen. GreenMonster

Andy said:
the dolphins wont want to do that! they are not looking forward to next year, they want to win this year.i do agree that we shouldn't waste a pick,on someone like ronnie brown, do u think he can carry the ball 30-40x in the nfl.he was good in college,but he had cadallac to help him when he was tired. Auburn had a great line to back him up, and the dolphns do't.im not taking anything from Ronnie, hes a good back, but i don't think thats our first priority.DEFENSE wins championships!!!!!

If you didnt notice Wanny is gone. That said we dont need a back that carries the ball 30 to 40 times a game. Any of the 3 RB's are going to be pretty good, but I do think Brown will be the best. He can split out as a WR, He can block better than the other 2 backs, he can catch the ball well out of the backfield. I think he is the best back in the draft. That being said I still think we get Smith if possible.

Back
Top Bottom