Drew Brees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
i keep hearing rumours that San Diego is looking to pick up Eli Manning number 1, so im wondering whatever one else thinks? should we go after him if san diego is looking to trade him, i nkow he hasent been that good so far in his career, but his first year he only played when flutie got hurt, his second year him and flutie were bouncing around all year as the starter so it was hard to get consistency, and his last two years as a starter hasent been great, but you look at what he has around him, other than Tomelson he dont have any line or recievers, the closest thing he has had to a reciever was this year with David Boston who was always being suspendid. I think its a good idea to pick him up cause he is a lot younger than our other options ive been hearing about, Warner, Garcia, and Brunell. i think if we could send over OGUN for Brees and a 3rd rounder it would be a pretty good deal

No way would I support going after Breese. When he was a rookie, yeah, I wanted him. We could have developed him well IMO. but now after what? 3 years at a team that is known for it's HORRIBLE development of QB's, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I think he's an ok guy, and a decent QB, but with the likes of Rivers in the draft......

Oh, and Breese isn't worth a first round pick, which is what your giving them when you throw O-gun into that package. He was a second rounder when he was drafted, and hasn't shown anything to prove he's any better than a 2nd round pick.

Here's a no vote on Drew Brees. If they want to trade him for a 4th rounder - or Jay Fiedler - then sure go ahead. But Brees has done nothing to prove he can be a solid starter in this league.

NO! Ogunleye for Brees, that would be a 1st and 3rd for Brees and he is sure not worth that. maybe a 3rd as a project but at this point he deosn't appear to be much better than Fiedler, just younger.

Originally posted by Crzynick25
i think if we could send over OGUN for Brees and a 3rd rounder it would be a pretty good deal

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pass that blunt.

If Brees is developed, he can potentially be a little better than Fiedler. I would rate him behind the 5 QBs that would be considered with our 1st round pick (Manning, Ben R., Rivers, Henson and Losman). IMO we shouldn't pursue him at all and certainy not at the cost you are suggesting.

I didn't want him in 2001 and I have no interest in him now. PUNT

I have to way in from San Diego - Not only no...

but H E L L N O!!

Back
Top Bottom