Drew Morgan Embraces Chance With Miami Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Morgan Embraces Chance With Miami Dolphins

Yea last year we had 12 entering camp, this year 11.

Remember guys like Stringfellow and Owusu?

But it is pretty typical to have 10 or more.

I dont like our WR room these days but the balance with the newly drafted TEs should help ease the eyesores...

I like Morgan but he does not look like he has the quickness and shiftiness that an Amendola, Ricky Proehl, Landry, et al have. I am not sure how he was timed but on video I don't see that same level of shiftiness that the nice slots have.
He does have good hands though

Totally agree here. That 6th spot won't be counted to be a part of the offense anyway unless we have several injuries. It's all about ST's and the same goes for the DB's and LB's. The last spot on those will be for ST's.

This is spot on. WR, LB, and DB are the positions that will load our STs. Miami is loaded at DB so Miami could keep as many as 10 guys at that position. Howard, Tank, Lippett, McCain, Jones, Fitz, and McDonald are the locks. That's seven right there. You have to figure Aikens has a leg up because he is a good ST plus he can play both S and CB. That's eight. That leaves Alston, Armstrong, Calhoun, Davis, Elston, Smith, McTyer, and Lucas battling it out for one or two spots. Personally I like McTyer and Smith because they flashed last season giving them a head start. Davis and Armstrong should be exciting to watch as well.

I dont like our WR room these days but the balance with the newly drafted TEs should help ease the eyesores...

This shouldn't go unnoticed. The TE group could impact the WR group ... or vise versa. If Miami keeps 4 or 5 TEs then that may limit the number of WRs. Finally the roster is presenting some good problems.

Parker, Stills and Amendola are the starters.
I doubt any of the others get into any games unless they are good special teams players
I think our WRs are more complimentry this year. The offense will run through the RBs and TEs.
A more physical offense hopefully

Grant seemed like a lock but Wilson sort of replaces Grant in the role he had so I think Grant needs to make it on specials. Not as confident as others here.

So you think there is a real chance that Grant will get cut? Hmmm, I never connected the dots with Wilson replacing Grant. I viewed Grant as a guy you can line up outside and Wilson more often in the slot.

Parker, Stills and Amendola are the starters. I doubt any of the others get into any games unless they are good special teams players I think our WRs are more complimentry [sp?] this year. The offense will run through the RBs and TEs. A more physical offense hopefully

I don't see it. Amendola is IMO near the bottom of the depth chart in terms of physical chops + he's a proven part-time player (and cannot be counted on as a "starter"). Beyond that -- I would not be shocked if DVP gets shuffled to another team because her lunar cycle don't work so good in my yammie. If you want a more "physical offense" you can't possibly include DVP. I think we're much more into SPEED and quicks than old school physical grind it out football. I mean overlord Ross has been demanding a fast break high scoring O since like forever!

It’s not my million to spend so I don’t give a sht. However, if the coaching staff and Grier see something in this kid to try to develop and look for down the road talent then why not sign a deal like this. Could save a high round draft pick later.

So you think there is a real chance that Grant will get cut? Hmmm, I never connected the dots with Wilson replacing Grant. I viewed Grant as a guy you can line up outside and Wilson more often in the slot.

I have him making the team . . . But I just don’t view him as a lock, in comparison to the other 4 guys.

I am in the minority in that thought process . . . But Grant needs to come in and be consistent in camp. No mental lapses, limit the drops and continue being a threat on returns.

Amendola is the slot guy, while Wilson is that guy you can line up all over the field. Parker and Stills both are outside guys who can dip inside on occassion.

There is quite a bit of talent to be had for depth after those 4, and Grant is certainly the favorite to be that 5th guy.

Parker, Stills and Amendola are the starters.
I doubt any of the others get into any games unless they are good special teams players
I think our WRs are more complimentry this year. The offense will run through the RBs and TEs.
A more physical offense hopefully

You are significantly underestimating Wilson’s role.

He could absolutely lead this team in catches at the end of the season. His skill set is Gase’s wet dream.

Back
Top Bottom