Drew Rosenhaus interview on PTI | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Rosenhaus interview on PTI

Caldolfan said:
What will you think about him when he gets some future Dolphin a contract that hammers us for years from being a good team?

Well then that would be Saban/Mueller's fault. Fiscal responsibility is their job. Drew's job is to get what he can for his client.

Drew represents 12 Dolphins already. And some of them have made lots of money in Miami.

Zach Thomas, Tim Bowens, Randy McMichael, Olindo Mare, Will Poole, Stockar McDougle, Tony Bua, Yeremiah Bell, Travis Minor, Dario Romero, Matt Walters, Kendall Newson. Reps Ogunleye and Arturo Freeman as well.

Zach has made lots of money. Timbo has made his money, yet has restructured countless times. Mare was the NFL's highest paid kicker. Randy has wanted a new contract for two years now, but hasn't even hinted at holding out.

When Ogunleye was here, he didn't hold out when he was a restricted free agent. And the problem last year wasn't that Wale/Drew didn't want to negoatiate, it was because Speilman refused to. However, Wale grew very angry and almost fired Drew at one point last August. But he sure loved him when he got him paid.

The Dolphins really don't have a problem with Drew. He's reasonable. And they can hammer out a lot of deals at the same time because they're dealing with one guy. And Drew respects the Dolphins brass very much.

endozone said:
Megatron you hate him because he makes more money in a week than you do in a year. Not to mention the fine ladies he is always with on S. Beach. The man commands respect.
I don't care how much money he makes, he is a plague on the league. He is single handedly trying to circumvent the CBA with his holdout tactics. The guy tells every client he has to hold out. So basically the guy's negotiating is not to be trusted, and you find that as being a thing to respect?? Just because he's got bimbos?? What ever happened to a man's word was his bond?? I guess I'm stupid for believeing integrity has any value to American youth.

The man is PIMP...the hardest working best agent in the business...if I were a player i know who my agent would be...definately Rosenhaus...people dont like him because people love to hate on very successful people

phinMikeDC said:
Maybe this season, but what about Ogunleye last year?

Just remember now. He spent a very long time trying to negotiate with the Phins to get O-gun a deal. He counter proposed and lessened his asking price alot. It was the signing bonus he was hard on negotiating with.

Drew definitely seems to bend a little bit more and negotiate a little bit more with the Phins.

I dunno if he is a fan or if it is because he Knows Huizenga will spend alot of money to get guys in here. Other then Snyder, the Phins pay the next top dollar on their stars. If you disagree. Look at Madison, Surtain, Thomas, Taylor and see for yourself. Mare even. I think he is either the highest or 2nd highest paid kicker.

Muck said:
Well then that would be Saban/Mueller's fault. Fiscal responsibility is their job. Drew's job is to get what he can for his client.

Drew represents 12 Dolphins already. And some of them have made lots of money in Miami.

Zach Thomas, Tim Bowens, Randy McMichael, Olindo Mare, Will Poole, Stockar McDougle, Tony Bua, Yeremiah Bell, Travis Minor, Dario Romero, Matt Walters, Kendall Newson. Reps Ogunleye and Arturo Freeman as well.

Zach has made lots of money. Timbo has made his money, yet has restructured countless times. Mare was the NFL's highest paid kicker. Randy has wanted a new contract for two years now, but hasn't even hinted at holding out.

When Ogunleye was here, he didn't hold out when he was a restricted free agent. And the problem last year wasn't that Wale/Drew didn't want to negoatiate, it was because Speilman refused to. However, Wale grew very angry and almost fired Drew at one point last August. But he sure loved him when he got him paid.

The Dolphins really don't have a problem with Drew. He's reasonable. And they can hammer out a lot of deals at the same time because they're dealing with one guy. And Drew respects the Dolphins brass very much.
Great post. And also I had know idea Rosenhaus represented 12 players here!! The ones that I were familar with were: Zach Thomas, Tim Bowens, Randy McMichael, Olindo Mare, and Will Poole. I agree that if that happens, that Saban and Mueller would be responsible. And I may not like the guy, but I respect him for he his the best in the business at what he does. I can't really blame any player that would want him as their agent, he almost always gets the best top salary contract for his client.

Megatron said:
I don't care how much money he makes, he is a plague on the league. He is single handedly trying to circumvent the CBA with his holdout tactics. The guy tells every client he has to hold out. So basically the guy's negotiating is not to be trusted, and you find that as being a thing to respect?? Just because he's got bimbos?? What ever happened to a man's word was his bond?? I guess I'm stupid for believeing integrity has any value to American youth.
You are completely clueless. He tells every player to hold out? Is Randy McMichael holding out? More often than not, players that want a new contract go to him. Not the other way around.

How is he trying to circumvent the CBA? Is there something in there that says a player can't hold out? There is no integrity or "word" in the NFL.

Simply put, holdouts will end when contracts become guaranteed. That's not gonna happen anytime soon. Deal with it.

The guy is a workaholic, which is fine. But he is also intentionally deceptive and outright dishonest when negotiating with NFL clubs. At some point I think the bottom is going to drop out on the guy.
The guy apparently is always working. On some TV interviews he looks like he is strung out on Cocaine. I don't think any human being can work at that frenetic pace unless there is some drug involved (maybe just caffeine).
I work about 70-80 hrs per week, but I make time for my wife and kids. There is much more to life than driving around in a Ferrari and living in a multi-million dollar waterfront home. Especially if you don't have the time to actually enjoy it. If he doesn't change his lifestyle, he will die a very lonely man.

DolFan4LyF said:
The man is PIMP...the hardest working best agent in the business...if I were a player i know who my agent would be...definately Rosenhaus...people dont like him because people love to hate on very successful people

Some people also value honesty, integrity and class. He possesses none of these qualities.

DolFan4LyF said:
Really though, seems like everyone has signed with him! That guy must have no time to himself. All that money and no time to spend it :shakeno:

Jimi said:
Not a fan of him, but hes damn good at what he does. He almost convinced me in those 10 minutes on PTI that TO deserves more money. Impressive arguments.

Yeah no kidding - I found myself thinking "Man - TO is getting robbed he needs more $$$"!

He is one slick guy. If I were a player I would want him as my agent. If I were a coach or an owner I would hate him. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

You don't have to like the guy or the way he does it, but, he's certainly good at what he does. He's every players dream and does what he has to regardless of whether it's popular or not.

Back
Top Bottom