DT Antajj Hawthorne Bandwagon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT Antajj Hawthorne Bandwagon

how about a NO MORE D-LINEMEN bandwagon?

seriously, i loved the Roth pick but we're stacked @ d-line and i'd like to take another position

Yeh, I call the other window seat!!

And why not get more defensive linemen? for such an "unstoppable" defense we are supposed to have, we always end up giving a big run or lackluster pass rush in clutch times of games. this happened even before last season. The Miami defense needs to get back the swagger it had and more studs will only help that

finsrule84 said:
how about a NO MORE D-LINEMEN bandwagon?

seriously, i loved the Roth pick but we're stacked @ d-line and i'd like to take another position

We have in now way stacked the D-Line. Jason Taylor isn't going to be a 99% of the downs player in a couple years although I do think he's got a good 4 years left in his body. Bowens is retiring after this year and might not even play this year. Chester has had 2 major injuries to his legs over the years and David Bowens is a rotational player at best. Zgonina most likely will be traded leaving Romero as our only back up there. We bring in Antajj then Carter can play DE most of the time and if Matt Roth comes on during training camp he can play when Carter shifts inside. DL is all about the rotation.

Bonedoc7777 said:
i think this guy tested postive for pot a few weeks back

I'll take the risk. He'll enter the NFL drug testing program but it won't even count as his first strike as it's prior to the draft. Saban will whip his butt into the program.

Clearly we do ahve needs at safety and even DT; but since SMadison29 had the balls to throw out WR name ; I'll add Jerome Mathis, WR,Hampton. 6'0/185 and ran BOTH 40's at the combine in the low to mid 4.3's!! :cooldude:

OK as of right now I am on the Hawthorne, Brown, Mcpherson, Shazor, and Nicholson bandwagon, would be happy w/ any of them.

If we don't get Hawthorne I say we go after Vince Carter or Jason Brown. If Saban doesn't like either of those 3 players then be damned trade down and pick up an extra 5th.

Vince Carter might not go until the 7th round. However I wouldn't mind Jason Brown. I hope Saban is able to trade Zgonina for a sixth. There are numerous steals available.

Don't you guys think that Wilkerson would be a better pick? I don't know, seems more important to me. But I guess Saban would know better than I would about a center he coached for several years.

That said I'd really like us to take a chance on McPhereson in the 5th

Jaj said:
Vince Carter might not go until the 7th round.

What round is Shaq going to be drafted in? :lol:

I think we're going to go with Hawthorne. I think Saban is going to run the 3-4 this September.

Philly traded up into the #1 pick tomorrow and I bet they draft Hawthorne

ABrownLamp said:
Don't you guys think that Wilkerson would be a better pick? I don't know, seems more important to me. But I guess Saban would know better than I would about a center he coached for several years.

That said I'd really like us to take a chance on McPhereson in the 5th

I think we took enough risk with the Channing pick. Picking up 2 guys with serious injury history is just asking for trouble.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Philly traded up into the #1 pick tomorrow and I bet they draft Hawthorne

They just got Patterson and they've kept Simon. It's likely Elton Brown.

Back
Top Bottom