DT L. Chester : What Do We Have??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT L. Chester : What Do We Have???

Timbo had been held out of practice for awhile. Did he even play against the Titans? So it's not too surprising. According to some published reports Chester's had a sore leg and wasn't able to get alot of push off it, so that may have also contributed.

I'm not making excuses for anybody. It's just that this was the first preseason game, so the Dolphins were not as pumped up as they would normally be. Let's not panic yet.

After watching the tape I think Chester did ok. He showed on a number of plays very quick moves off the ball. He was double teamed and held on a number of plays and of course he missed the tackle on Pittman's run but I had a better feeling about him after watching the tape. Now, the play of the LB's and safeties was very disturbing.

blitzkrieg man, ur like a nervous chihuahua. relax man. its not excuses ur just contributing to overall "nervousness" of other fans. we cant judge our entire team on a couple series of plays. not even on the first game against the lions. there r alot of positives to take from this. with all the injuries sustained last year u know the guys r thinkin they should take it easy to avoid that. especially wannstedt...it has to be on all their minds

I'm not going to panic or anything either, but I was troubled by the game. It wasn't the one run, which has been analyzed by some better football people than me on this board. What bothered me was the way our lines on both sides seemed to be pushed around. That's not about game planning. That's not about trick plays. That's about standing up.

Maybe Zach is right and they had little to play for and they just wanted to avoid injury. Maybe other people on this board are correct in pointing out that Tampa did a lot of holding. I'm not sure.

But, toughness is not something that you can usually turn on and off. On the other hand, I watched Buffalo mail in pre-season games for years and then play well during the season.

In the end, I'm not sure. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom