DT or LT? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DT or LT?

we gotta get an LT, We should pick up a DT in the 2nd round, if not hen we go for one in Free Agency next year.

Well assuming that these positions are the two top priorities, and that we have the same players now going into next offseason, I would say DT. However, if a franchise type LT was available, and that was the best possible pick then I go LT.

LT, and it's not close.

Name the last big-time LT to become a FA? It just doesn't happen in this league. Pro Bowl DT's have left their teams many times over.

McNeil, Winston, Jonathan Scott, and a few other LT's should be available when we pick.

Let's be honest with ourselves, this team has a very high chance of picking in the top-10 again.

8 picks (Brad Bedell trade) next year should bring depth at DT, CB, S and QB.

Don't you think that's a bit premature. Why don't you wait and see how things pan out this season. What if Alabi (Alawi?) turns out to be a stud?
Right now I'd say DT. We have a lot of young players on the O-line, but a lot of older players on the D-line.

PhinsTD said:
LT, and it's not close.

Name the last big-time LT to become a FA? It just doesn't happen in this league. Pro Bowl DT's have left their teams many times over.

McNeil, Winston, Jonathan Scott, and a few other LT's should be available when we pick.

Let's be honest with ourselves, this team has a very high chance of picking in the top-10 again.

8 picks (Brad Bedell trade) next year should bring depth at DT, CB, S and QB.

Top 10 pick? I would definitely not count on that.

if carey is too dumb to play oline, then put him at DT, all he has to do is hold his ground or move forward.

VanDolPhan said:
Then there are 3 more. There is a high chance 4 LT's could go in the first 15 picks who will all be rated higher then the guys who came out this year.

We can grab a DT in FA or in the 2nd round or both.

Why do so many people here gloss overe the DT position like it is nothing. IMHO it is the MOST glaring need of this team as we speak. But people are happy with finding some guy in FA or draft someone later on. I seriously don't see how you people don't see the the hole we have at DT.

Bowens - Probably done.
Chester - Could be done.
Zgonina - Never was all that good.
Carter - An older guy who REALLY is a DE.
Traylor - A one or two year stop gap player.
Romero - Whatever
Vickerson - A project, who is a year or two away from contributing, at best.

pigskinguy said:
Why do so many people here gloss overe the DT position like it is nothing. IMHO it is the MOST glaring need of this team as we speak. But people are happy with finding some guy in FA or draft someone later on. I seriously don't see how you people don't see the the hole we have at DT.

Bowens - Probably done.
Chester - Could be done.
Romero - Whatever

I agree with you, I'm hoping that chester will be fine by tc, I don't know why ppl keep saying he's done, he had surgury to remove some loose bodies, it's done every year to players.

pigskinguy said:

Bowens - Probably done.
Chester - Could be done.
Romero - Whatever

Who says I'm overlooking it. Where do you think we got Larry Chester to begin with? FA.

So far as it stands cause things could change huge during the season I'd spend our first on one of the FOUR premier LT's going in the top 15 and then spend our 2nd rounder on a DT. We would still need to sign one in FA as both need replacing and we could also take a flyer on a 5th round DT if one falls like the one that did to the Raiders in the 6th this year (along with the 2nd rounder cause I think a lot of work needs to be done here).

However it all depends on the development at the QB, LT and DT position this season. Right now we don't know how things could happen. Hell Feeley could have a solid year. Carey or McIntosh could play solid at LT or if were incredibly lucky that 7th round DT turns into a good rotation guy who can play 30-50% of snaps.

Depends on where we're picking and why we're picking at that spot. Here's what I would do in the draft depending on what pick we have.

#1-10: QB
#10-20: LT
#20-32: DT

if Ngata or Wright are there, I hope we go DT. If not, the best QB or LT on the board.

here are my top favorites:

QB Matt Leinart (i didn't like him in this year's draft, but next year would be great. though he'll be gone by the time we pick ;) )
OT Eric Winston
OT D'Brickshaw Ferguson
OT Marcus McNeill
OC Mike Degory
DT Haloti Ngata (if he declares)
DT Rodrique Wright
LB Chad Greenway
LB Abdul Hodge
LB A.J. Hawk

unfortunately i don't like any of the DBs as much as these guys.

Namor said:
What position do you think we'll take first,in next years
draft?Defensive tackle or Off. Left Tackle.

Well, while there appears to be a need in both positions now, after this season, we may be singing a different tune...I think we have a LT in McIntosh and HH may dig up another in Carey, however, we will have a 30 year old Chester who is struggling with injuries now and a 37 year old Traylor...my guess is we'll go DT...makes more sense to get the D younger...In fact, I see us again drafting more defense than offense next year. That could be altered depending on how well AJ and/or Gus do this year as well....Frankly though, I'm more concerned about this year than next right now...

Back
Top Bottom