Dump the Chump | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dump the Chump

Jim Jensen

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Was listening to Tony Bruno this a.m. he said Brunnel not goin to Tampa but Dallas is #1 and Miami is #2 in the Brunnel race....

I dont quite get why many are sayin he is old and beat up...one he is only 15 months older than Jay...big deal....two...if you compare stats Brunnel during the 2000, 2001 and 2002 seasons missed a total of 2 games, where Jay missed 6 games.....hard to throw in this past year because of the Leftwich equation but Mark did start and play the first 3 games of season before Leftwich took over....too me its a no brainer if they are goin to go after an experienced FA that Brunnel is a significant upgrade over Fiedler...

Brunnel's passing percentage was 61.65 while Jays was 59.03....Brunnel had 58 TD's and Jay had 59 however Jay played in 9 more games than Brunnel in the same time span.....in same time span Brunnel had 34 INT's and Jay had 55...but jay did play in 9 more games than Brunnel...but Jay has 1 more INT in two seasons than Brunnel had in 4 seasons.....the stats are there boys and girls.....its a no brainer.....only questoin is do we draft a young QB and/or get Brunnel.....I say both and DUMP THE CHUMP!!!

Agreed. Brunnel also was a part of a team that had several injuries and lost their WR's for some period of time; they also have been in disarray coaching wise for a few years.

Bring him into this system, get a decent OL behind him, add one WR and he'll be excellent. I think we have to pursue him bigtime. If we sit back and show minimal interest - playing it conservative as we often do, it won't work.

This is where Dan has to say to Rick & Dave, "Look, we are going after this guy - Jay is finished as a Dolphin except as a last resort - even if we Do draft a QB #1."

Im waiting to see what the cap is going to be like before i agree. you get rid of JF, we take a hit it looks like. gonna take a lot of resturucturing boys and girls!

If we are going to sign this stiff, the first order of business for his legion of supporters is to learn how to spell his name correctly....

His name is Mark "Brunell".

Thanks...:pirate:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Mark Brunell w/b used to having only 1 decent WR after last year when the Jags went thru #2 like water... Look at his stats when he had McCardell AND Smith - they are PB quality

Where did you hear that Dallas is #1 and we are #2? Does that mean he is more likely to go to Dallas? If so why? $$ or does he prefer it there? I thought he wanted to stay in Fla.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
Bring him into this system, get a decent OL behind him, add one WR and he'll be excellent.

Shouldn't the o-line be in front of him . . . . maybe thats where we went wrong this year ;)

Was on the Tony Bruno show on radio from Peter King of SI...

Originally posted by finfan54
Im waiting to see what the cap is going to be like before i agree. you get rid of JF, we take a hit it looks like. gonna take a lot of resturucturing boys and girls!

Yeah but if you keep JF you are taking a bigger hit ON FIELD!

The core of this team will not be together forever! Sacrificing yet another year to save a cap hit is much more costly than cutting the losses on the Feidler experiment now.

Back
Top Bottom