DW Gives Ricky and Robert Game Balls | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DW Gives Ricky and Robert Game Balls

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just saw the video on Fox. Wanny gave Ricky a game ball. Then he gave Robert Edwards the other. Edwards was pretty much expressionless and stoic while Ricky was smiling and happy.

Thats cool R.E. battled a long way back & it's cool to see him beat the injury thing. Miami's Offense might just eclipse the defense at this rate. The keepers on d are Zach,Jason,Patrick. Sam Madison just doesn't seem the same. It's not like qb's aren't throwing at him, They are & he is missing tackles & balls.

Are you serious?? Sam Madison doesn't get much of anything thrown at him. And he doesn't get beaten. He's a better cover man than Surtain, that's for damn sure.

Sam left early in the game. So I don't know where you're basing this "not the same" performance from.

Originally posted by Muck
Are you serious?? Sam Madison doesn't get much of anything thrown at him. And he doesn't get beaten. He's a better cover man than Surtain, that's for damn sure.

i wouldnt say that he is a better cover guy than surtain right now. and he definitely is not a better tackler. But Sam is not bad either. he has not been what he used to be but not by very much. i just wonder if the ankle thing is going to catch up with him this year. Im thinking Derrick rogers will either take a cut or be gone. Ruddy may be gone just becuase of mckinney and saveing money although i would say ruddy and co. had a great day.

Isn't what he used to be?? He's 28 years old. He's in his prime. I agree, he ain't what he used to be. He's BETTER.

Seriously, I don't know where all this "Surtain is the better cover man" comes from. What does everyone base this on?? Did anyone watch the 2001 season?? I think everyone remembers the 2000 season and Jimmy's '98 post-draft comments and bases their opinions on it. Sam had an off year in 2000. But you take out that 2000 season and you'll see that Sam is superior.

Nobody's debating Sam's tackling skills. We're talking coverage. And Surtain just isn't Sam Madison.

Agree with Muck

I completely agree w/ you Muck. I think it is envogue among sports writeer to say that Surtain is better. It is because all those guys do is read other sports writers internet reports.

Madiso had < interceptions then Surtain. That is what it is based on. It is BS. Madison is hardly ever seen during a game because his guy gets shut down. Teams don't throw on him.

I think Surtain is a top 10 corner in this league. I think Madison is a top 3.

Sportswriters watch the GAMES!

Surtain's more versatile than Madison. He gets beat more than Sam but he's also got more on his plate. It would be extremely difficult at this point to say that one is more valuable to the team than the other.

Well Looks like we have a little CB fan club battle here. Isn't it nice! Two of the 5 or 6 best in the NFL & The Dolphins own them. Argue on. As long As Miami wins.

I would give a game ball to Surtain, he was all over the place today! I dont' even recall a pass to Madison's side. Which sucked cause I started MAdison over Surtain in my FFL. :mad: :rolleyes:

Ya really Where did Sam get one? Look I love the guy & want him to get 30 int's. But when a receiver blows buy him with the ball & he makes no play, Wha, Am I suppose to yell "go team"? Not! He makes more than any of us will ever see!

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
I would give a game ball to Surtain, he was all over the place today! I dont' even recall a pass to Madison's side. Which sucked cause I started MAdison over Surtain in my FFL. :mad: :rolleyes:

You don't start shutdown corners in fantasy leagues. You always go with the guys who are solid but Qb's will still go there way. Hard to rack up fantasy points if a QB doesn't even look their way because they know the coverage is there.

They did. I have Brock Marion and they list him as having 0 interceptions.

Was a good weekend for me. I think I won all 4 of my fantasy games in all my different leagues.

Back
Top Bottom