Dynasties | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dynasties

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
I'm getting aggrevated with people going around saying the Patriots are a Dynasty. :chair:

I wish people wouldn't use this term so loosely. Like it's a shirt you can just put on. I agree that the Patriots are on the right track, especially if they draft their superstar Running Back and win another SB or two in the next 10 years, they may be the next Dynasty. And I wish them luck, besides, it's good for the league. But as it stands, they're a good team that got a lot of lucky bounces.

I dont take that dynasty talk very serious, we are a very good team with a chance to be very special if they win a couple more titles in the next few years but I am very happy that we have a team that will be in the thick of things for a lot of years. B.B has built a great system and built a solid orginization that will contend for a bunch of years providing we continue to draft well and bring in solid free agents.

Dynastys went out when ***ency came in...when there is roughly a 30% roster turn over every year, you can't have a dynasty.....To me, dynasty means the same guys putting it together year after year....not neccessarily the same team.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Dynastys went out when ***ency came in...when there is roughly a 30% roster turn over every year, you can't have a dynasty.....To me, dynasty means the same guys putting it together year after year....not neccessarily the same team.
i think because of the FA's is the reason shula quit!:(

you are not a dynasty when you win the SB the year after you do NOT make the playoffs :rolleyes2

Originally posted by dolphan39
you are not a dynasty when you win the SB the year after you do NOT make the playoffs :rolleyes2
this is true. and they never should have went the year before last. tuck rule my foot, that was a fumble!:tongue:

Originally posted by dolphan39

were the '80s 49ers a dynasty? a year after winning the sb in '81, they missed the playoffs with a losing record. dynasties are not defined by winning it all every year. imo, they are defined by asserting themselves as the team others have to get through after a string of titles, and 2 out of 3 is a string.

this is true. and they never should have went the year before last. tuck rule my foot, that was a fumble!

i agree, the pats shouldn´t have been in that superbowl. the raiders got robed, just like us in 2002
this time is different, they are the best team, no doubt. this should be their 1st SB title. so i don´t think they are a dinasty.

If it's the same core player winning every year than you have to look at as a dynasty. Same Coach same QB, RB, WR. I f they win another one in the next 2 years I'd call them a dynasty and w/ 2 1st rders and 2nd rders this year they could be that good.

Side note how did we get 2 #1 pick the year we drafted marco Coleman and troy vincent??? Was that thre Randall Hill trade???

Originally posted by JAGFISH
If it's the same core player winning every year than you have to look at as a dynasty. Same Coach same QB, RB, WR. I f they win another one in the next 2 years I'd call them a dynasty and w/ 2 1st rders and 2nd rders this year they could be that good.

being a dolphin fan i'd like to say the 72 73 dolphins were a dynasty, but for sure, the steelers were a dynasty!;)

Back
Top Bottom