e.james next year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

e.james next year?

iceblizzard69 said:
I wonder what our cap situation looks like for next year. If we extend Chambers and sign Ogunleye long term, I would think that there would not be a lot of money for us to spend next year. I know Edge wants to come here but if we can't pay him I think his interest would go down.
Weve got the money, im pretty sure of tht(unless he has some huge breakout year tht raises his value a ton). I expect he wouldnt make more then Ricky, and we could afford Ricky and Ogun without to much of a hastle(it was agreeing on how much he deserved tht was hard). CC wont make it too much harder considering with the extended contract i assume alot of tht money will be in his later years. Im sure someone like Clumpy could be of more help tho:D .

I wonder what our cap situation looks like for next year. If we extend Chambers and sign Ogunleye long term, I would think that there would not be a lot of money for us to spend next year. I know Edge wants to come here but if we can't pay him I think his interest would go down.

Im not worried about our cap, we were 18 million over the cap coming into this offseason and were able to restructure or cut the players necessary to free up money to chase free agents. I get the feeling that if Sam Madison's play continues to slip, he will be let go after this season which is a big chunk of money right there....

16wins4fins said:
hey rudebyall whats their fumble stats like ?

Ricky has 34 career fumbles on 1589 carries.

Edgerrin has 25 career fumbles on 1494 carries.

Edgerrin is definetely more sure-handed. That was one of the reason why the Colts chose Edgerrin over Ricky in the 1999 draft. Ricky's hands are small.

If Miami releases or trades Seau in the next off-season, Miami cuts about 6 million from the cap.

Seau is likely gone after 2004.

You also got to keep in mind that

Surtain is due an extension which will certainly open up some money. There's a strong possiblity, almost a certainty that Seau, Zgonina, and Bowens will not be here next year and depending on how well sammy Knight does this year, he will not be here next year as well either. So we should be able to make a run at a few marquee FA's. I would say we'll be targeting a DT, RB, OL, and LB. Not necessarily in that order and depending on how the season shakes out.

Alot can happen in a season to change our focus and needs

We may need a QB depending on how AJ Feely fares, And who becomes available.

we also may need a wr depending on how Boston performs and how he holds up injury wise, and also how our depth performs, Also depending on if we go to a WCO, if DW is fired and need another playmaking reciever.

We also may need another center, if Mckinney stinks up the joint or if he plays marginally, and we most certainly will be looking for a RG, unless German wows us and/or St. Clair plays solid.

we won't even talk about the injur* word.

If things work out positively for us and Minor & Morris shine, then signing James not be necessary and may be overkill.

I do know this, Defensive tackle is going to be a position we'll address next offseason, I'm suprised we didn't this offseason. And I could see us going after a veteran DT, not sure who'll be available and also drafting a couple. We may even draft a DE, if we release either Jay Williams and/or David Bowens. And RS will most certainly look for a hard hitting playmaking strong safety, via draft of FA...just a hunch.

So in a nutshell, judging by RS moves this year, we'll continue to get younger and more physical on defense both starting and depth wise and we'll continue to get younger and more physical on the o-line and in the skill positions where applicable.

I almost forgot

Wade Smith was origianlly drafted as a project that was said to be at least 2-3 years away, so if he stinks up the joint again, you may see them go after a vet LT, like the Todd Stuessie move as a stop gap 1-2 two year solution until Wade is completely ready to take over the job.

Either way, RS has shown that he'll draft for value so I wouldn't be suprised if he drafts a LT, if one was available, or if he drafts a RB that may be too good to pass up. similar to the Will Poole move.

we will have enough room to pick him up with the restructures, and the cuts and all the raise of the cap for next season.

rhadaddy said:
Surtain is due an extension which will certainly open up some money. There's a strong possiblity, almost a certainty that Seau, Zgonina, and Bowens will not be here next year and depending on how well sammy Knight does this year, he will not be here next year as well either. So we should be able to make a run at a few marquee FA's. I would say we'll be targeting a DT, RB, OL, and LB. Not necessarily in that order and depending on how the season shakes out.

Alot can happen in a season to change our focus and needs

We may need a QB depending on how AJ Feely fares, And who becomes available.

we also may need a wr depending on how Boston performs and how he holds up injury wise, and also how our depth performs, Also depending on if we go to a WCO, if DW is fired and need another playmaking reciever.

We also may need another center, if Mckinney stinks up the joint or if he plays marginally, and we most certainly will be looking for a RG, unless German wows us and/or St. Clair plays solid.

we won't even talk about the injur* word.

If things work out positively for us and Minor & Morris shine, then signing James not be necessary and may be overkill.

I do know this, Defensive tackle is going to be a position we'll address next offseason, I'm suprised we didn't this offseason. And I could see us going after a veteran DT, not sure who'll be available and also drafting a couple. We may even draft a DE, if we release either Jay Williams and/or David Bowens. And RS will most certainly look for a hard hitting playmaking strong safety, via draft of FA...just a hunch.

So in a nutshell, judging by RS moves this year, we'll continue to get younger and more physical on defense both starting and depth wise and we'll continue to get younger and more physical on the o-line and in the skill positions where applicable.
impressive, u just predicted the entire Miami Dolphin 2005 offseason:D !

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Ricky has 34 career fumbles on 1589 carries.

Edgerrin has 25 career fumbles on 1494 carries.

Edgerrin is definetely more sure-handed. That was one of the reason why the Colts chose Edgerrin over Ricky in the 1999 draft. Ricky's hands are small.

I think the whole "small hands" thing is overrated. I think the reason why Ricky had some fumble problems was because he has short muscular arms which prevented him from fully tucking the ball in.

iceblizzard69 said:
I think the whole "small hands" thing is overrated. I think the reason why Ricky had some fumble problems was because he has short muscular arms which prevented him from fully tucking the ball in.
...and he was probably high! :roflmao:

Just kidding. I agree with your theory.

Back
Top Bottom