Eagles and Dolphins trading 1st round picks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles and Dolphins trading 1st round picks?

WeOwndPPStadium

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here heard this rumor:

Eagles get Dolphins #1 (20) Dolphins get Eagles #1(28) and the Dolphins #2 next year (returned from AJ Feely trade)

This is on the Eagles Message Board EMB Link

It makes sense, Fins trade down, grab Carey at #28 and get their 2nd rounder back next year.

I like it.

In effect - #20 for #28 and Feeley.

That's a good trade, IMO. Can't see it happening though.

I haven't heard that rumor, but that undervalues the cost of moving up 8 spots in round 1, though not so much as to make the rumor ridiculous.

If Andrews is gone before 20, I think you'll see the Phins pick being shopped around the league. I'm not certain who the Eagles would be so hot to take at that spot, though.

phunwin said:
I haven't heard that rumor, but that undervalues the cost of moving up 8 spots in round 1, though not so much as to make the rumor ridiculous.

If Andrews is gone before 20, I think you'll see the Phins pick being shopped around the league. I'm not certain who the Eagles would be so hot to take at that spot, though.

I think the Eagles would take any of the following if they would happen to fall..
DJ Williams, Vilma, Jackson (not happening), Gamble, or a stud WR

Hmm. I only like it if Andrews isn't on the board at pick #20. The Eagles are trying to move up and if its true they are trying to move to #20 then its a RB they covet...either Steven Jackson (who could go to Denver at pick #17) or Kevin Jones/Chris Perry. They already were in discussion with the 49ers to get pick #16 which would coincidentally be right before the Broncos who could be drafting Steven Jackson...

Then again this could just be a fan rumor that originated out of the speculation that the Eagles were trying to bypass Denver with pick #16 to get RB Steven Jackson. Not a far stretch to think if the Eagles wanted to move up to #16 to get Jackson they could want to move to #20 to bypass New England (#21) and Dallas (#22) to get one of the other RBs (Perry or Jones).

The Eagles want to move ahead of other teams to get RB Jackson from Oregon they wouldn't swap with the phins because he won't be there @20.Denver is sitting at 17 and they need a back. If he slips past Denver and that's a big IF, it would then make sense cause the Patsies are eyeing him @21. ;)

Hold on a second. They had Brian Westbrook break out big time last year. They had Correll Buckhalter play well too. Why would the Eagles want Steven Jackson?

Well, I think more and more, as we hear these rumors that RS is not sold on Andrews. This would be a great coup for the Fins I think...We could still go after an OL, (Carey or Smiley), draft either of them closer to where they are slotted and get our #2 next year back...that means AJ costs us the difference between #20 and #28 ?? Where do we sign.....this needs to be done soon...too bad it's just a rumor...

ckparrothead said:
Hmm. I only like it if Andrews isn't on the board at pick #20. The Eagles are trying to move up and if its true they are trying to move to #20 then its a RB they covet...either Steven Jackson (who could go to Denver at pick #17) or Kevin Jones/Chris Perry. They already were in discussion with the 49ers to get pick #16 which would coincidentally be right before the Broncos who could be drafting Steven Jackson...

Then again this could just be a fan rumor that originated out of the speculation that the Eagles were trying to bypass Denver with pick #16 to get RB Steven Jackson. Not a far stretch to think if the Eagles wanted to move up to #16 to get Jackson they could want to move to #20 to bypass New England (#21) and Dallas (#22) to get one of the other RBs (Perry or Jones).

New England may package their picks to jump the Eagles if they make that deal with SF for the #16.

I'd like to get Chi Towns pick tho...That would give us more flexibility.

LarryFinFan said:
Well, I think more and more, as we hear these rumors that RS is not sold on Andrews. This would be a great coup for the Fins I think...We could still go after an OL, (Carey or Smiley), draft either of them closer to where they are slotted and get our #2 next year back...that means AJ costs us the difference between #20 and #28 ?? Where do we sign.....this needs to be done soon...too bad it's just a rumor...

I personally am not for the trade and I still think the Phins gave up way too much for AJ. He should have gotten the Eagles a 4th rounder at best.

If he slips past Denver it could be a very happy day for Miami. We get great value in trading down to a team desperate for our pick, and the Pats don't get the guy they covet. :)

It would be small consolation for losing out on Andrews tho...because like I said I wouldn't do that trade period unless Andrews was already off the board.

Then again, if you look at the teams between #21 and #27...not many Andrews takers there I don't think. The Pats could take him to spite us I suppose. The Seahawks, Packers, Bengals, and Rams are loaded with OTs...and the Cowboys and Titans have needs in a lot of other places (but could easily take Andrews if they felt he fell too far).

Wouldn't THAT be a dream scenario that would make us tear our hair out. Andrews falls to pick #20 and we in FinLand rejoice and begin celebrating only to see the Dolphins trade down to Philadelphia and pick #28. Cursing ensues...then pick after pick Andrews falls more and we draft him at #28...having picked back up the 2nd rounder we gave for AJ Feeley plus maybe even more (depending on how horny the Eagles are for pick #20...if Jackson falls, REAL horny, if not, so so)

ckparrothead said:
If he slips past Denver it could be a very happy day for Miami. We get great value in trading down to a team desperate for our pick, and the Pats don't get the guy they covet. :)

It would be small consolation for losing out on Andrews tho...because like I said I wouldn't do that trade period unless Andrews was already off the board.

Then again, if you look at the teams between #21 and #27...not many Andrews takers there I don't think. The Pats could take him to spite us I suppose. The Seahawks, Packers, Bengals, and Rams are loaded with OTs...and the Cowboys and Titans have needs in a lot of other places (but could easily take Andrews if they felt he fell too far).

Wouldn't THAT be a dream scenario that would make us tear our hair out. Andrews falls to pick #20 and we in FinLand rejoice and begin celebrating only to see the Dolphins trade down to Philadelphia and pick #28. Cursing ensues...then pick after pick Andrews falls more and we draft him at #28...having picked back up the 2nd rounder we gave for AJ Feeley plus maybe even more (depending on how horny the Eagles are for pick #20...if Jackson falls, REAL horny, if not, so so)

CK, I like the way you think, but I think that is just a dream world you are in! There is no way that Andrews will fall that far. I still have doubts of him falling to us at 20. That being said, moving down does not sound too bad for us. I would feel more confortable if we had a higher 1st rounder before we traded though.

Back
Top Bottom